Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 PM

nonchalant is on a distinguished road
Default Bitcoin

Hi y'all

any threads here on Bitcoin? I used the search but couldnt find any which I find surprising considering bitcoin is the new geek thing to be in to

http://www.bitcoin.org/
Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 AM

wimwauters is on a distinguished road

If you got spare cash and you stick to it, it could be a great investment, assuming it doesn't fall flat along the way. It's a high risk, high yield investment.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:58 AM

parker.casey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
Hi y'all

any threads here on Bitcoin? I used the search but couldnt find any which I find surprising considering bitcoin is the new geek thing to be in to

Seems to me that the Securities and Exchange commission wouldn't be cool with bitcoin... so I'm guessing it'll die.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM

mraikes is a jewel in the roughmraikes is a jewel in the roughmraikes is a jewel in the roughmraikes is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
Hi y'all

The answer is in your question. We generally discuss issues affecting the computer repair industry. I suspect that not one in one hundred of us has a customer that cares about bitcoins.

For those of you like me that haven't been paying attention, here's an interesting overview of the bitcoin business:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/43823614

An interesting idea destined for the "remember when?" game of the future.

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a ukulele. And that's pretty close." Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraikes View Post
I suspect that not one in one hundred of us has a customer that cares about bitcoins.
Most of my customers have never heard of Paypal, much less of Bitcoin.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:15 AM

Galdorf will become famous soon enough

I did some research on bitcoin the mining part seems shady your cracking hashes my guess SSL or encrypted data and getting paid in bitcoins to provide the computer power to do this.

Other than this it may have something to do with the NSA hacking china who knows what do they need all this computer power for?.

If your rig is fast enough you could make up to $300 US a month but you need some serious crunching power to make that much seems it has caught the attention of the US government since the value has gone as high as $266 US per bitcoin.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 AM

nonchalant is on a distinguished road

Ah this thread..I remember it well

Well yea, I know all about Bitcoin now. Shortly after my initial post I started mining it. And yes the price did hit $265 per coin at one stage. Its now worth $100 or so..

But times have changed and I now mine other 'alt-coins'. The one I find particularly interesting atm is Worldcoin. Its main advantage over Bitcoin is speed of transactions (bitcoin transfers can take hours to be 'confirmed' while Worldcoin is confirmed within seconds to a minute). Hopefully its value will also skyrocket at some stage just like Bitcoin did. Theres a forum for anyone interested www.worldcoin.org
Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM

ComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the roughComputerRepairTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdorf View Post
If your rig is fast enough you could make up to $300 US a month but you need some serious crunching power to make that much seems it has caught the attention of the US government since the value has gone as high as $266 US per bitcoin.
minus the power bill that processing power is going to cost you.

Tags
bitcoin