Go Back   Technibble Forums > Service Solutions > Remote Support

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 AM

hoosier13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default join.me

I have used join.me a couple of times and have been very impressed by its ease of use. I did loose control of a computer that I was connected to today, but I could still see what was on the screen and think that this issue was due to a slow internet connection on their end. Also, my control eventually came back. Does anyone else use join.me?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 AM

nXtGenPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't tried it yet but glad to hear it works well! I kind of want one of my non-contract customers to call me with an issue I can fix by remote (contact customers are all in LogMeIn already)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:31 AM

PCSupportGlasgow will become famous soon enough

not that good for Remote repairs and certainly wouldnt recommend it if your charging your clients but it has its place and can be a valuable addition to your arsenal to see what going wrong if a client cant connect to your remote repair software.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 PM

thepchero is an unknown quantity at this point

I used it a few times before and it worked fine for me. However, my primary remote control tool is the free online tool offered by showmypc.com.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 AM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

I have to say I agree with above. The point of "used it a few times but had a problem..." would be a deal-killer for me.

Professional remote control/repairs = no time or tolerance for anything that causes delays or inconvenience of any kind for me or for my customers.

Personally I use Techinline - reason being that my rate of remote repairs is relatively low (maybe 5-10 per month) and so I like that I can pay per session without any overhead/ongoing subscription fee - just costs what I use and nothing more.

Its been rock solid and am very happy with it.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 AM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

What you might consider it for is if you've got a better remote support program that the end user might have trouble starting on their end.
Other than that, it is a screen sharing option, not a remote support option.

I'm trialing ScreenConnect and have had very minor issues with it (e.g. it can't currently touch Kaspersky/Avast windows). I'll likely be buying it when the trial is done.

New here? Watch this and read this. Remember, it's not our problem, it's yours so ask your questions well.
e.g. Make/Model#, Win version/SP#, BSOD 0x#. Consider posting Event Viewer logs, Autoruns exports or Speccy reports.
More info means better answers and less snark.

Don't be parasitic and only pose your own questions. Help others.

D7 question/idea/etc? Bring it to the D7 Forums.