Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 PM

d3v is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first leaflet, critique please

Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 PM

joydivision will become famous soon enough

I would say there is too much on it, it looks a bit fussy, but I like the colour scheme.

Have you thought about your prices properly? I find for example virus removals can be some of the more difficult jobs, and there is no way I could do it for 30 a lot of the time.

So you're going to out and clean out a desktop for 15?

Also by law you must have your address on all trading material including leaflets.

You also need a landline number to get people to trust you. I would never use a service of a plumber's leaflet if it had no address or landline, my concern would be what happens if it leaks and wrecks my house? How would I trace him?

I think your leaflet has too much info on prices and services but not enough to make potential people trust you. Do you have insurance for example?

I am not being harsh, but my experience of doing this for six years is that people don't trust leaflets, especially if its just a mobile and no address. I have a feeling the people you may attract as customers with this leaflet are the ones most us would want to avoid. People are always telling me on here I am too cheap, your prices make me look expensive.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Just want to point out that I am sure you have very good intentions and you're very skilled at what you do. Your leaflet needs to replace that

Btw I don't put my exact address on my leaflets, I just put my business name and postcode mainly because there is a computer shop next door to me, but I do put my address on my website .

Have a look at Sipgate (www.sipgate.co.uk) for a free landline number with a Nottingham prefix
Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

I like the general look but there is probably too much detail on there. As JD says the colours are nice but just have less print. Saying that it's far better than I could do. Are they your images you're using or are they off the web? They are very nice.

Are you printing on the back? I'm thinking of putting something on the back that the client will make them keep it. Maybe Windows short cuts or something like that. The printer I'm using don't charge much more for the 2nd side. I've not used them yet but the samples they sent me were really good.

http://www.solopress.com/leaflet-printing/leaflets.html
Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 PM

Yea a few people have told me there's too much information, but I fear if I don't stand out as knowledgable/generous then they will opt for the two shops that have opened up in town this past 2 years (i've been repairing for over 3 years). My business has taken a huge hit since these two shops arrived.

A friend thought they average person would take one look at it, be overwhelmed and put it in the recycle bin within a cople of seconds. I'm not sure, though.

I tried the landline years ago, but it was never practical as I was always out.

Quote:
Are you printing on the back? I'm thinking of putting something on the back that the client will make them keep it. Maybe Windows short cuts or something like that. The printer I'm using don't charge much more for the 2nd side. I've not used them yet but the samples they sent me were really good.
I was originally going to do double-sided but I realised I could fit everything I needed on to one-side.

Last edited by d3v; 06-01-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v View Post
Yea a few people have told me there's too much information, but I fear if I don't stand out as knowledgable/generous then they will opt for the two shops that have opened up in town this past 2 years (i've been repairing for over 3 years). My business has taken a huge hit since these two shops arrived.

A friend thought they average person would take one look at it, be overwhelmed and put it in the recycle bin within a cople of seconds. I'm not sure, though.

I tried the landline years ago, but it was never practical as I was always out.

Just set your phone to trip to your mobile if you don't answer it. That's how I get calls. The landline gives you a bit more identity imho. Also have a look at what sets you aside from the other shops. For instance the shops might be drop off only and you don't mention on your leaflet that you do free call out(if you do). Make a point of it.

Last edited by Martyn; 06-01-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM

He is right, and also make sure you mention that you're insured, which again is a legal requirement (well at the very least public liability is).

Also again make sure you have permission to use the images if you are not the copyright holder .
Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Just set your phone to trip to your mobile if you don't answer it. That's how I get calls. The landline gives you a bit more identity imho. Also have a look at what sets you aside from the other shops.
Interesting, any links?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v View Post
Interesting, any links?

I just have a 2nd BT line with the base set(Panasonic) to trip to my mobile after several rings. I also set a message on my mobile in case I don't answer basically saying if I don't answer it's because I'm giving attention to the call I'm on.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
I just have a 2nd BT line with the base set(Panasonic) to trip to my mobile after several rings. I also set a message on my mobile in case I don't answer basically saying if I don't answer it's because I'm giving attention to the call I'm on.
Were with Virgin Media. Is this trip seamless or is there a drawn-out speech from a robot confusing the caller as to what's going on?