Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 AM

luce.douglas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My business website

Hey just got my website up recently and want any opinions of what should be added or changed. I want peoples opinion on our services page and pricing especially. Any pages that I should add or information? http://vivageek.com
Old 02-15-2011, 01:57 PM

kats22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it very much. It's simple, easy to navigate and looks great. I like sites like yours that don't have too much 'stuff' to confuse the clients that will be looking at it. That is the route I went with my site and it has worked well for me.

You may want to think about a few things. 1) add your contact info (phone number, email) to either the header or the footer of every page. 2) You lack 'calls to action' on your site. May want to look into that.

Good work!

http://facebook.com/arizonacomputerworks
Old 02-15-2011, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback and the great suggestions. I'll get my contact into the footer and ill have to think about what to say for a call to action. I don't do web design so the positive feedback is encouraging.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 PM

MobileTechie has a spectacular aura aboutMobileTechie has a spectacular aura about

Looks quite slick. You need a big old phone number where it's obvious.

The text doesn't read that well and has punctuation errors.

We are professional and capable of troubleshooting all computer types and we get your computer back to running because we know how vital they are to your business and homes. Computer running slow? Think you have viruses? Just want someone to do the routine maintenance and repairs on your computer? Give us a call, our rates are affordable and we’re A+ certified and trained to do your PC repairs the right way. With 8 years of experience working in Vancouver WA with computer repair we know how to meet your needs. We come to your home and we don’t charge for mileage. We offer many more services all listed on our Services page. Thank you so much for choosing Vivageek, we hope to continue to meet your computer repair needs!

You say you get your computer back running but then refer to it as they. That first sentence should be split up into two really. Also "Give us a call, our rates are..." should be two sentences. E.g. "Give us a call. Our rates are affordable..."

There are other errors.

I'd get a few more people to proof read it.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 PM

TopLevelComp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TopLevelComp Send a message via Skype™ to TopLevelComp

Quote:
We are professional and capable of troubleshooting all computer types and we get your computer back to running because we know how vital they are to your business and homes. Computer running slow? Think you have viruses? Just want someone to do the routine maintenance and repairs on your computer? Give us a call, our rates are affordable and we’re A+ certified and trained to do your PC repairs the right way. With 8 years of experience working in Vancouver WA with computer repair we know how to meet your needs. We come to your home and we don’t charge for mileage. We offer many more services all listed on our Services page. Thank you so much for choosing Vivageek, we hope to continue to meet your computer repair needs!
I would do something like this.
Quote:
We are professional and capable of troubleshooting all computer types, and we get your computer back running like it should because we know how vital they are to your business and personal life.

Computer running slow? Think you have viruses? Just want someone to do the routine maintenance and repairs on your computer? Give us a call, our rates are affordable!

We are A+ certified and have 8 years of experience which means we know how to do your PC repairs the right way and meet your various needs.

We offer free pick up, so if you can't get off work in time or can't get away from the kids at home, don't worry, we have you covered.

We offer so many more services we can't list them here, but go to the Services page at the top and you can find the type of services we do, but don't fret, if we don't have a service you need, give us a call and we'll get you worked out!

Thank you so much for choosing Vivageek, we hope to continue to meet your computer repair needs!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 AM

Oh I like that alot better, I think ill use it just like that. Ill make the phone number bigger and somewhere more noticeable
Old 02-16-2011, 02:17 AM

I made some changes, made my phone number bigger and use TopLevelComp's suggestion of how to word my front page (thanks a million). It has a call to action also and I like it much better then what I originally wrote on the front page. Anyone have any thought of my pricing? I've used it for a bit and people seem comfortable paying that amount. I've done some research of computer repair company's pricing and it seems that my pricing is pretty competitive with them.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 AM

TopLevelComp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TopLevelComp Send a message via Skype™ to TopLevelComp

If it's competitive and people are comfortable paying the amount your charging, stick to it, no point in raising or lowering prices.

One thing I would suggest is removing the "Most problems can be fixed in the first hour" some customers might see this as "If they don't fix it int he first hour, do I get a discount or something?"
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 AM

Will do, good advice thanks.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:58 PM

Comerwebs is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I would use your contact info to fill in those giant blank spots in the header.