Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 01-08-2011, 10:30 PM

dodger805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "No Battery Detected" Sony VAIO VGN-NR385E

Hi,

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NR385, that does gives me the message "No Battery Detected" with a red X over the battery icon. The charging light indicator does not turn on, on laptop. As soon as the AC adapter is pulled the computer, it shuts off. I recently swapped the hard drive because the old one wasn't working, so I installed Windows 7. Thinking it was Windows 7 that caused the problem, I reverted back to Windows Vista (the original OS installed on the computer) but no luck.

Things I have tried:
  • Cleaning the contact batter pins sticking on laptop battery compartment with pencil eraser
  • Replacing the battery with a used one I ordered
  • Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes
  • Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, turning off computer unplugging power chord, pulling out battery, inserting battery back and then power chord, then turning on computer
  • Contacting Sony support, for 15 free minutes, told me it might be a hardware problem

Any suggestions anybody. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by dodger805; 01-08-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM

KM@ Dave is on the way
Send a message via Skype™ to KM@ Dave

Hi dude.

Have you checked to see if all of the pins that connect to the Battery are intact. If they're all there maybe one had snapped away from the motherboard inside the laptop. May be something to check.

I don't think removing the Microsoft battery method will really help if it doesn't even boot from the insalled Battery. And if you have a new Battery and that doesn't work it is most likely due to hardware error. You could try re-flashing the BIOS also.

Another thing to check is if it's detected in the BIOS, I know Laptops such as Dell have inbuilt diagnostics to chech hardware.

Please try my FREE Windows tool "DigitalPID Decryptor" - Download v1.0.9.05 @ Mediafire
Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 PM

TLE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger805 View Post
I recently swapped the hard drive because the old one wasn't working, so I installed Windows 7. Thinking it was Windows 7 that caused the problem, I reverted back to Windows Vista (the original OS installed on the computer) but no luck.
You've pretty much answered your own question. You have tried a new battery and the same result occurs in Windows 7 and Vista. It would certainly suggest a hardware fault.

I would check the connection from the battery connector to the MB.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:16 PM

dodger805 is an unknown quantity at this point

K thanks for the suggestions you guys. I cannot find a BIOS update, but nonetheless I suspect a hardware failure, as suggested. I will crack the laptop open and check to see the connections, will post back with an update.