Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 AM

tankman1989 is on a distinguished road
Talking I'm 4th on GOOGLE page ranking!!! I never even tried anything!

Wholly cow, I don't know what I did. I never even finished my web site, or put on my phone number b/c the site wasn't done!

How the hell could this happen? There are about 30-40 computer repair companies in my area. I only have the words "computing solutions" in the name of my company and domain.

So, does anyone what to check out what I did and what I can do to make it better? I'm going to be at least #2 if not #1 by next year!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Banned

BostonGeek1 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. your title tag has Integrity Computing Solutions.
2. your website is an EXACT MATCH domain for 'integrity computing solutions'.
3. you have integrity computing solutions in the body of the page.
4. you have 1 backlink from citadellinux.com with the words 'integritiy computing solutions' in the anchor text.

those are the 4 factors helping you right now achieve #3 rankings for the keyword 'integrity computing solutions'.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGeek1 View Post
1. your title tag has Integrity Computing Solutions.
2. your website is an EXACT MATCH domain for 'integrity computing solutions'.
3. you have integrity computing solutions in the body of the page.
4. you have 1 backlink from citadellinux.com with the words 'integritiy computing solutions' in the anchor text.

those are the 4 factors helping you right now achieve #3 rankings for the keyword 'integrity computing solutions'.

I just did "manheim computer repair" and came up 4th.

How do you check backlinks?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Banned

BryanVest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman1989 View Post
I just did "manheim computer repair" and came up 4th.

How do you check backlinks?
The competition of that keyword is <10 searches a month however so it wont count for much. I would recommend targeting a better keyword.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:44 AM

What would be a better word to target? I have the city/town, computer and repair, all of which I do. I guess I would rather do small business support so I guess I would have to figure out how to focus on that..
Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
What would be a better word to target? I have the city/town, computer and repair, all of which I do. I guess I would rather do small business support so I guess I would have to figure out how to focus on that..
Well there are tons of keywords you can target for traffic, but the easy ones for you would be

lancaster computer repair - 480 searches a month with low competition

it business solutions - 5,400 a month with medium competition

There are a lot more you can target, but I save those for clients. However you just need to be creative to find them.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanVest View Post
Well there are tons of keywords you can target for traffic, but the easy ones for you would be

lancaster computer repair - 480 searches a month with low competition

it business solutions - 5,400 a month with medium competition

There are a lot more you can target, but I save those for clients. However you just need to be creative to find them.
Thanks for the info. So what would be a good place to start to learn this stuff. I know Bryce said to "stick to being the Idea man" but that doesn't pay in times like these. I HAVE lots of time to learn and the abilite and desire. I'm guessing SEO is a good start but Isee so many SEO classes and what not, many of which seem like scams.

So, could you lend any more insite here? Muchas Gracias!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the info. So what would be a good place to start to learn this stuff. I know Bryce said to "stick to being the Idea man" but that doesn't pay in times like these. I HAVE lots of time to learn and the abilite and desire. I'm guessing SEO is a good start but Isee so many SEO classes and what not, many of which seem like scams.

So, could you lend any more insite here? Muchas Gracias!
Well classes may be great but most of the information is freely avaliable on the internet. I started with my own site and got it ranked in the top 5 for about 10 keywords and then did it again with a family friends. At that point I put it on my resume and got hired by an SEO company which is where I learned a lot. You just have to look around, but be careful. However tempting "blackhat seo" looks 9 out of 10 will get your site banned or sandboxed. Experience is the big ticket item though you need to keep up with google and find new creative ways to get backlinks to succeed.

Last edited by BryanVest; 01-02-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 PM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Use Google Keyword Tool to generate keywords, cpc, and local frequency for your area.

These keywords and appropriate optimisation of your site and backlinks to rank for them are critical if you want to market yourself online

Also, consider Adwords, if you havent already. It will fill the gap until you're ranking organically. Be careful how you set it up though as it can be like putting money into a bonfire.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Question

What tools to use for SEO operation. I m acurently trying Goggle Webmster tools but no's see immedite reults in reports of anyhing. How long dies it take to get goin?

Also and there other progrms which I can use to hep stmulate buines?

I have about 50uique URL's, 90% related to IT, whow should I best use these?