Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM

OneLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The right insurance?

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has info on the right insurance liability policy(ies) to take out?

As a tech support do I need Professional Indemnity, and Product Liability in addition to Public Liability in UK?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLife View Post
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has info on the right insurance liability policy(ies) to take out?

As a tech support do I need Professional Indemnity, and Product Liability in addition to Public Liability in UK?

Thanks
Yes I got both from www.simplybusiness.co.uk

I thought I wouldn't need it as most of my work is residential but just recently I was in a journalist/artist house working on his computer and he had to move his 24000 camera from next to where I was working

Last edited by Martyn; 12-17-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:04 PM

TLE is on a distinguished road

I use SimplyBusiness as Martyn does. Might also be worth you reading the following thread if you are intending working from home.

http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21877
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 PM

loaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody with info(companies) from the U.S. I've looked on the net(kinda), but didn't find anything i was "sure" about as far as coverage. I've mostly been sticking to word of mouth with residentials because of the insurance situation. one thread on here mentioned "real estate agents" as a possible connection to get into the business end of things. I just wouldn't want to do that unless I was covered due to what "could" happen. any info would be appreciated....

...goss

Last edited by loaner; 12-17-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 PM

OneLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance issues

Thanks for the info.

I have contacted several insurance numbers and email. One reply! I haven't felt like I was given a definitive answer - more like it's up to me what I want. As far as I have worked out: Public Liability is for accidental damage to third party people and property, Product Liability is related to the same thing but in relation to the supply of the faulty equipment/product, and Professional Indemnity is for the damage caused by negligence in the supply of advice/services. One example I saw related to damage caused by sending an email of personal info to the wrong recipient. This is only my confused understanding.

I feel that I can't start trading until I have this insurance thing sorted!