Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Andyuk2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Having new Advert designed, any tips ?

Hi all, sorry I've not been on forums for a while I actually forgot what my username was Its nice to be back, I'm having a brand new advert done by someone on guru.com but I kinda wouldnt mind any tips of what to have on it.

I did think of putting my hourly rate on and keeping the "no fix no fee" on it I might also create a email address to put on the advert so people can email me aswell as phoning me, Some of you have seen my old advert i had in this thread

http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315

I saw some work samples from the freelancers at guru.com and i have to say i was amazed at the quality of work.

Any tips or advice would be welcomed as i really want to turn P.C wizard around as work is still coming in drips and drabs

thanks all

Last edited by Andyuk2007; 04-06-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:45 AM

cmonova will become famous soon enough
Default tip

My only tip would be to go to forums.digitalpoint.com and go into the "contest" section and show an example of what you have now. Then offer a contest of X amount of dollars for whoever designs the best one.

You can typically get 10 or 20 different variants of ones to select from. I have found it's a great way to get logs/banners etc done and not have to count on just one person.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:18 AM

TheUrge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post
My only tip would be to go to forums.digitalpoint.com and go into the "contest" section and show an example of what you have now. Then offer a contest of X amount of dollars for whoever designs the best one.

You can typically get 10 or 20 different variants of ones to select from. I have found it's a great way to get logs/banners etc done and not have to count on just one person.
I'll second digitalpoint - I just ran a flyer contest and for $50 I am blown away with what I just got back (plus I wanted to show off my new flyer with everyone here ):

http://ariestodesign.com/mockup/mobiltech3.png
Old 04-19-2008, 06:02 AM

TechnoKelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow what an amazing site. I was having problems finding a graphic designer and now I don't need one.

People there make logos and banners for dirt cheap and they're quality too! You don't understand I'd be plowing through making a new website and come to a 6 hour halt trying to make a logo/banner that looked like %$#@#$.

Not anymore.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:31 PM

the forum link to digital point doesn't work when i tried it.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:40 PM

yeah it works now and I've joined the forum i had no idea it was a such a good forum its packed with loads of stuff like advice on website promotion e.t.c