Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 PM

controlfreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Virtual Office

I operated a mobile IT company and have read the argument on the board to having a shop front vs not having one. At this time I can't afford office space and was looking into a virtual address.

The pros are I can use the address of a professional office building on advertising, business cards, google places, etc, have signage at this location and if I want pay hourly to use board rooms for meetings and such.

The cons are I would have to specify to customers on advertising and business cards that this is only a head office and not a shop front to avoid them showing up at this location.

Do you think that this could help me gain a competitive edge professionally vs. the all mobile no address and pizza cutter techs
Old 11-13-2010, 12:36 AM

Paul Rodgers will become famous soon enough

As described I think that might make you look a little shady. I think if you were to put decals on your vehicle it would make you seem more legitimate as opposed to a pizza tech. On business cards and advertising I just put that I'm based in Central New York or if I'm advertising locally I put the town where I live.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:56 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

The thing is this, if you are a mobile repair company, you don't need an official office. You can maybe get a PO Box in your town and put that zip code in the google maps. As long as you are in or around that area, that should work just fine.

Most people won't want to verify your location if you come to them.