Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 AM

All Systems Go is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Logo Contest - 99designs

After a few months of trying to create a logo and not getting very far with the creative side (kind of like having your plumber be your plastic surgeon).
I was following Thirsk's contest, saw how well it went and I decided to start a logo contest at 99designs.

There is 3 days left and I've had a pretty good turnout (175 entries); which is a lot to choose from.
So far the submissions I've gotten ranged from abstract and circuitry to laptops and some that I can't even describe.

If anyone wants to check the contest out: http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...-company-51461

Let me know what you think so far.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:14 AM

Jeffreynya is an unknown quantity at this point

I like 151 and 170. There are lots of pretty cool designs.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

178 & 179 for me. Very good designs though
Old 08-25-2010, 06:17 AM

0ldfart is an unknown quantity at this point

Man I love that site!

Those designs are all so good

Its hard to differentiate because of the general high quality, but I note that you want your logo to express that you are doing mobile computer repairs and Im not too sure that any of the entries so far adequately communicate that.

That said, if I had to pick one, I like #58. The reason being that it associates your name with a computer that is 'fixed' (indicated by a check mark). Its a very positive association which I think would work well in terms of advertising value.

Ive been thinking about re-doing my logo, and I also do a lot of mobile stuff. Having used a logo for a while now that doesnt communicate mobile repairs, my preference will be with the new design to incorporate that element so that the logo communicates more to potential customers about my business' service.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldfart View Post
Its hard to differentiate because of the general high quality, but I note that you want your logo to express that you are doing mobile computer repairs and Im not too sure that any of the entries so far adequately communicate that.
Yes, that site is a great find for sure.
I also agree that my logo should express that I do mobile computer repairs, but I'm not really sure how they can convey that. (I guess that's why I'm not a designer)

It's easy to lose focus on what you originally wanted, as some of the graphics are really nice and lots to choose from.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM

TLE is on a distinguished road

I went through this a few weeks ago, anything with gears and spanners were rejected as they have very little relevance. Anything with a shield was rejected after I was told to avoid them on another forum as they often look very simliar to fake antivirus shields.

I found the circuit board designs looked fantastic, but I felt they were a little generic, and the average Joe was wondering what it represented.

I personally like #58 and #52
Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE View Post
I went through this a few weeks ago, anything with gears and spanners were rejected as they have very little relevance. Anything with a shield was rejected after I was told to avoid them on another forum as they often look very simliar to fake antivirus shields.

I found the circuit board designs looked fantastic, but I felt they were a little generic, and the average Joe was wondering what it represented.

I personally like #58 and #52
I was actually following your contest and saw how well yours came out. I agree some of that stuff is really generic.

Right now, I like #198 and #197 and #192 ... it's a similar concept to the ones that you liked.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Jeffreynya is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, 198 and 197 are really cool. Did not see them before. Not to sure about the 192 one though. The arrows just take my mind to a non-computer related place.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreynya View Post
ya, 198 and 197 are really cool. Did not see them before. Not to sure about the 192 one though. The arrows just take my mind to a non-computer related place.
Yeah #192 is probably my least favorite out of the three.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:42 AM

coalescent is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, you got a lot of responses. I may think about doing that for my company when I get some of the more important expenses taken care of.