Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 AM

OfficeITPlus is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Hello from Wokingham, UK

Hi All,

My name is Tony Smith-Crallan and I run Office IT Plus Ltd, a small support company based in Wokingham, Berks. I am 58 and have been 'playing' with computers and systems for nearly 40 years. I've been fixing and supporting personal computer systems since 1978 long before IBM thought it was a good idea.

I have been, in my time, PC and communications support manager for divisions of a number of large(ish) corporates. 10 years ago after yet another redundancy (6th in 13 years!) I decided to start working for myself. I had had enough of office politics, unpaid and unappreciated overtime, staff who follow their own agenda and spending more of my time shuffling paper than doing what I want to - help people use the technology they were given.

My company supports any technology in an office - PCs, networks communications, broadband, telephone systems and cabling infrastructure for small businesses in East Berkshire. I have even been know to sort out TVs and filing cabinets! I install and promote Linux servers (SME server) in preference to Microsoft. I'm a CNA (anyone remember Netware?), a certified Toshiba telephone system installer, a Zyxel partner and an AVG reseller.

One of the main problems with being a one man band is not having anyone to bounce ideas off. It looks like I've found just the right place.