Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

View Poll Results: Which Video Card do you like better?
nVidia 15 57.69%
ATI 10 38.46%
Other 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2006, 07:23 PM

Shaun is on a distinguished road

I've always used an ATi, probebly because they always seem to have the 'better' cards. I use them, my friends use them. I don't think i would change.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 PM

Blues is on a distinguished road

I have only had nVidia but my laptop has ATI for its onboard but I will probly stick with nVidia as they are the ones using SLi correct although ATI does seem to have thier own alternative
Old 06-25-2006, 02:58 AM

Black_Hawk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Black_Hawk Send a message via MSN to Black_Hawk

nVidia because I like green stuff
Old 07-17-2006, 04:33 AM

ebittner is on a distinguished road

The only one that I have ever used is nVidia so I am going to have to say that I like it the best. I think they are also the best out there according to what I have read.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Nearly all responses here (including mine) are loyalty related rather than what is the better video card, interesting. Though, it seems nVidia has the wider spread. Perhaps they focus on getting into more computer stores than nVidia?

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com

Last edited by Bryce W; 07-17-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:22 AM

Netman is on a distinguished road

The only one that I have ever used in my whole life is nVidia so I am going to have to pick it I know nothing of the others.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:04 AM

spazmaster666 is on a distinguished road

I've owned both in the past. From the TNT2 to Geforce3 to FX5200 to 9700Pro to X850XT to 7900GT to my current card, the X1900XT. IMO, both companies have made some excellent cards and certainly there's no question that the Geforce 7950GX2 is the best SINGLE card out there in terms of performance. However, while nvidia has always impressed me with their excellent drivers, easily overclocking, and purevideo performance, ATI has always been better in terms of IQ (Image Quality) which IMO is of high importance in a high-end graphics card. For instance even with the 7950GX2, the angle-depedent anisotrophic filtering nvidia is using, even in HQ mode, is still quite inferior to ATI's angle-dependent AF, not to mention the shimmering. Also ATI cards have had the ability to use angle-independent AF ever since the X1K series was introduced, which markedly improves the image quality and reduces shimmering.

One thing that nvidia has done better than ATI in terms of implementation is SLI. While SLI is far from an applicable mainstream concept (it is still a niche market, regardless of what nvidiots will tell you) for high-end users and enthusiasts it nevertheless a great way to get a signficant jump in performance without having to wait for the next generation of cards to arrive. But to ATI's credit, Crossfire isn't really bad, it simply suffers from lack of driver maturity and from the generaly distaste within the enthusiast community of crossfire "dongles." Still with dongle-less crossfire being possible with forthcoming RD600 chipsets and better crossfire driver maturity, the playing field may once again be even.

Hopefully both companies will continue to produce good cards otherwise, the graphics card market will suffer the same fate as the sound card market. (Creative anyone?) Long live competition and low prices!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 AM

gunslinger has a spectacular aura aboutgunslinger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to gunslinger

nVidia is what i'm running right now, but i based this on what ever is running the highest proformance for the lowest price at the time i buy it.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 AM

darren1270 is on a distinguished road

nVidia has my vote too. Gotta remember I use Linux as well... ati just well to put it bluntly sucks with linux.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:52 AM

breadtrk is on a distinguished road

Depends on what the mission is. ATI for movies, HTPC type stuff, mostly due to the AIW line.

Heavy Gaming definitely goes to Nvidia SLI, CrossFire is not even in the same ballpark yet.

For heavy production graphics or CAD, Nvidia because most of those programs are developed on Nvidia Quattro cards. Those are what I usually use for those machines as well.

Mom and Pop Internet and email PC? Usually go for an on-board chipset deal with no real preference about what chipset.