Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 PM

WireComputers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stock?

Hi again,

I was just wondering what sort of stock you guys carry, in terms of replacement components and accessories? My toolbox has a few odds and ends in it (couple of new fans, jumpers, various screws and blanking plates) and I've alsways got a keyboard an mouse in the boot of my car, but at the moment that's about it.

Obviously if I'm going to be doing repairs on a commercial basis, I'm going to be looking to hold stock of at least a few common components, so I'd like your opinions on my thoughts so far, and also anything that you hold;
  • Keyboards and mice (probably about 5 of each - I like the idea of buying some cheap 'beige' products, and some trnasfers with my company logo)
  • HDD's (Couple of 80GB or 120GB)
  • Memory (selection of different modules, 512MB and 1GB)
  • Leads (Kettle, USB, VGA, DVI, audio, IDE, SATA, power etc.)
  • CMOS batteries
  • Fans (I already carry a couple)
  • DVDRW's (theiy're cheap as chips these days don't think it would do any harm to have a couple of swapouts available)
  • PSU's (3 or 4, different types)

Probably looking to invest a few hundred pounds in total, so that I've got a good selection on stock.

Cheers,
Old 02-25-2008, 07:03 PM

MDTechie is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like a good list. Most of the components i carry, i also keep a few power supplys on hand and an extra computer case. I dont know if id recommend carrying memory, price changes so fast on it if you have it longer than a week you lose money on it, i know first hand. Just a tip or two.