Go Back   Technibble Forums > Operating Systems > Microsoft Windows

Technibble Sponsor

Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 PM

Galdorf will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone else getting customers with problems with tues 14 patch windows update

Getting lots of calls java stopped working on quite a few customers systems they play pogo since patch java apps seem to hang.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:12 PM

kotarel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to kotarel

What steps have you taken to try to fix the issues so far?

Last edited by kotarel; 08-12-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM

vdub12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotarel View Post
What steps have you taken to try to fix the issues so far?
Sounds to me that he has solved the problem but wants to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

I personally have not heard anything yet.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 PM

kotarel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to kotarel

Ah sorry i misunderstood.

I didn't hear anything about this yet. All I get these days are OneCare problems... How could MS screw up so bad lol. It basically breaks everything software side... No internet, no ms apps launching, can't uninstall OneCare normally... Sucks for the end-user, they are forced to go get it repaired.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 PM

I fixed it by uninstalling then re-installing now i am getting microsoft security essentials getting broken by the updates as well i installed it on customers machine restarted did quick scan, did updates when it restarted after updates it was broken it would not start up uninstall, cleaned it with revo re-installed now its working.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:28 AM

myPCTechs is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

I haven't heard anything yet from any of our clients, but thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open and report back if anyone calls.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:29 AM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

Other than myself? iTunes will recognize my ipods but not my iphone. I'll deal with this tomorrow.

Edit: Funny how just typing something out (and two-fingers of whiskey) will make you think of something. I needed to un/reinstall my Wifi Sync.

Last edited by Xander; 08-13-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:19 AM

BigJohnJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had two customers that MSE was shut off after the updates. Could not turn it back on. Could not do updates. Just uninstalled and then reinstalled and was good again.

John
Old 08-14-2010, 01:04 PM

I had one customer that did the updates after the updates he got BSOD when i looked at it , i checked for corrupt system files,crosslinks ect. fround nothing.

Restore points were nuked up to just after the updates so system restore is out, backed up drive tried a repair on xp pro no dice same BSOD i checked the code it is unknown error which does not help much and bluescreen view does not pick up any mini dumps.

The kernel is in such bad shape it cannot create a dump only thing i can think of is use winternals erd 2005 and uninstall all the updates and hope it will restore everything otherwise it is N&P time.

This happened on xp pro sp3, getting more customer with xp with strange problems like caps getting stuck you have to restart and space bar does not work until system is restarted starting to get annoying.
Also more customers had their MSE die after the updates that is what happens when MS pushes 14 patches in one shot.

Update, after doing a image of customers drive then re-imaging it with universal restore and xp repair everything is back up and running fine, from the looks of it the updates and the old AV did not get along , so i am removing av doing the updates and then installing an up to date AV.

5 more customers walked in after installing windows updates their machines ended up in bsod reboot loop.

Last edited by Galdorf; 08-14-2010 at 07:23 PM.