Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 AM

Lefty is on the way
Default Website Critique Requested

Hi guys, need your input on our website version zero: http://www.ysr-inc.com

I needed to put up a website really quick so I can register it on the local listing websites, so I suppressed my urge to create one from scratch. Perhaps when I'm done with my other marketing methods, I'll make my masterpiece.

In the meantime, I appreciate all comments anyone will provide.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 PM

0ldfart is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the site looks great. No issue with the copy itself. The only criticism I would make is that you are requiring the Reader to do a lot of clicking to get the information they need.

I think the first 3 pages could be fit on one page. "home, computer repair, office equipment"

I would make a feature of "Canon USA has ranked us 4th in the nation for customer service!" by singling it out

Business hours and Location could both be on the same page as contact details. Alternately, this information could be in the left side bar under the menu items. Your site would definitely be a lot easier to read and quicker to navigate having this section in one page instead of three

Good luck with it
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM

ProTech Support is on the way

I do like the site, it is really simple and to the point. So many times we see websites cluttered with information, but that is not the case here.

One thing I would do however, is add your business phone number to the header of the website.

Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional.

ProTech Hosting - Website Hosting, Domain Registration, & Internet Services!

Special discount on website hosting for TechNibble members, send me a message for more information!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:36 AM

Lefty is on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldfart View Post
The only criticism I would make is that you are requiring the Reader to do a lot of clicking to get the information they need.
Thank you! I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTech Support View Post
I do like the site, it is really simple and to the point. So many times we see websites cluttered with information, but that is not the case here.

One thing I would do however, is add your business phone number to the header of the website.
You're right about the phone number. About simplicity...I am in the middle of an SEO book, and it seems there is a tradeoff between having a content-rich site for optimal searchability and having a clean and simple site that won't rank as well.