Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-27-2010, 03:08 PM

ChicagoRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When Having Insurance Pays Off

I haven't seen any recent posts about this and I didn't want to bump a really old one, but my question is this --

I'm currently looking into all of my liability/E&O coverage options, and yes I understand it's absolutely necessary and I'm going to get covered regardless, but I was curious if anyone here has had a situation where being insured has really saved their @ss?

Someone fell and broke their wrist in your shop?
Client sues you claiming you hosed their HD?

Or do you live on the wild side and go without insurance, relying on the disclaimers on your paperwork to cover your rear?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM

ell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRob View Post
I haven't seen any recent posts about this and I didn't want to bump a really old one, but my question is this --

I'm currently looking into all of my liability/E&O coverage options, and yes I understand it's absolutely necessary and I'm going to get covered regardless, but I was curious if anyone here has had a situation where being insured has really saved their @ss?

Someone fell and broke their wrist in your shop?
Client sues you claiming you hosed their HD?

Or do you live on the wild side and go without insurance, relying on the disclaimers on your paperwork to cover your rear?
I work out of my home and don't let customers past the entry, I have no added insurance but have a huge disclaimer they all sign on my work order.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Corbin is on a distinguished road

Insurance is for the weak its all about being the lion in the jungle, when I get a shop insurance is a must, but I cureently don't have it. My disclaimer has been looked over by 2 different attorneys (for free) and they said it can and will hold up in court, just haven't had the chance to test it yet.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin View Post
Insurance is for the weak its all about being the lion in the jungle, when I get a shop insurance is a must, but I cureently don't have it. My disclaimer has been looked over by 2 different attorneys (for free) and they said it can and will hold up in court, just haven't had the chance to test it yet.
would you mind pasting your disclaimer here so I can compare it to mine???
Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Corbin is on a distinguished road

Ya as soon as I get near my computer ill copy and paste it, it flat out says I am not liable no matter what if I'm fixing something and something else brakes, and if the owner is relucnent enough to ignore a failing part I am not liable, and it also says if your to stupid to realize to fix it when its first noted then you can go set on a parking cone.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin View Post
Ya as soon as I get near my computer ill copy and paste it, it flat out says I am not liable no matter what if I'm fixing something and something else brakes, and if the owner is relucnent enough to ignore a failing part I am not liable, and it also says if your to stupid to realize to fix it when its first noted then you can go set on a parking cone.
LOL so true, I have one like that now!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:26 PM

Jay85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Jay85

Corbin your disclaimer doesnt really say that does it coz if it did that wuld be so friggin cool.

Can you tell a client like a week later that the reason the comps not working is coz they F****ed it up again? why are we technicians always the scape goat?