Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM

generalj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forms

I was wondering if anyone uses a one form system when performing work at a customers home? Example a one page work order/invoice or reciept/disclaimer. And if anyone uses a work order portion that has a blank area to write in the actual work you do on site or extra work the customer has you do?

regards, generalj

edit* Also I am trying to make this less writing work as possible, the current solution I have is a work order/invoice or receipt/disclaimer, but I have to bring and fill out to copies one for me and one for the customer. I would like to only have to write once. I know you can get carbon paper for dot matrix computers but I would rather find a simpler solution if there is one.

Last edited by generalj; 01-23-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:03 PM

greggh will become famous soon enough

Our paperwork is five pages, and we fill them all out. People hate writing so much, but it is a good thing.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:29 PM

Leztek is an unknown quantity at this point

greg?

Five pages...

Can I ask what it entails?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 AM

Of course.
1. Our copy. Invoice info (time, parts, total price, and payment info.)
2. Their copy. Invoice info and basic description of work done, also considered their receipt.
3. Our copy: The legal speak. A small form that they must sign before we are allowed to work on their machine. If they wont sign it, we wont do the work. Its a basic waiver of liability and them accepting our payment methods and pricing.
4. Our copy. Work details. This includes a basic list of stuff that should be done, written up by the tech onsite based on the details already known in the work order and a simple talk with the customer. Each item requires the tech to initial when it is done and the customer to initial when they think it is done.
5. Their copy: A coupon they can give to friends. When the coupon is used the friend gets money off the call and the customer who referred them gets money back.

Thats the basic paperwork for every call. We have many other sheets that could be added if needed (an example would be the format/wipe confirmation form.)
Old 01-24-2008, 02:25 AM

Leztek is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks...

Makes me wonder if I have enough paperwork? I usually give them a verbal quote before starting the work.... and a detail of what was done on the invoice.

I guess I will have to rework as I get more customers...

OH yeah... I like the coupon idea...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:08 AM

The more customers you get, the more paperwork you seem to need.

We are up over 18,000 customers now. We really need to get more data out of our jobs, thats what some of the extra paperwork is for. Knowing what types of jobs are getting done and when they are finished to the customers satisfaction (they have initialed,) is all very helpful information to mine and sift through.