Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

  Technibble Sponsor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Nathan H's Avatar
Nathan H Nathan H is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland - United Kingdom
Posts: 337
Nathan H is on a distinguished road
Question What Software do you use?

No I'm not talking about Portable stuff on our USB stick , that topic has been done to death; nor am I talking about what we carry in our CD cases when we go on site......


What I am talking about is..

On our My PC in our Office/Home etc..

Other than your O/S what you got on there..

I upgraded my HDD and rather than upload my image to it I thought I'd do a full manual Install. just don't ask why..

well im board now and wondered what each of my fellow Techs have on their Main PC's
__________________
Nathan H
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 PM
NYJimbo's Avatar
NYJimbo NYJimbo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, you know, like the iced tea.
Posts: 6,513
NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan H View Post
What I am talking about is..

On our My PC in our Office/Home etc..

Other than your O/S what you got on there..

I upgraded my HDD and rather than upload my image to it I thought I'd do a full manual Install. just don't ask why..

well im board now and wondered what each of my fellow Techs have on their Main PC's
So you want to know all the crap we have on our machines?. Everything?.

Either you've been drinking all day or really need to make a friend or something.

Unless you are more specific, I think this is kind of weird.
__________________
Asking for help ? If the make and model of your computer OR the O/S info is left off your post, I probably will not help you. It gets real old, real quick for me to have to ask for basic info just to help people.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Methical's Avatar
Methical Methical is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 2,483
Methical will become famous soon enough
Default

Get LimeWire !! Must Have !!

Also get Norton !! Best Anti-Virus Ever !!

No wait, Get AntiVirus 2010 !! Its more up-to-date than all the others ! Enjoy
__________________
Would a homeless guy understand a knock-knock joke?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Nathan H's Avatar
Nathan H Nathan H is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland - United Kingdom
Posts: 337
Nathan H is on a distinguished road
Default

Fair Point NYJimbo..

OK so far I have:
Windows XP Pro with SP3
OS Updated fully
AVG - Anti Virus
Spyware Doctor - Anti Spyware
Office 2007, with BCM 2007 & Office Accounting 2008
Notepad++
Poster Pro it allows me to print large posters from ordinary A4 Paper
Magic ISO
Cheetah Burner
Security Administrator
Time Travel
Unlocker
Venta Fax & Voice
Fox-it PDF reader & Editor
U Torrent
Internet Download Manager
Firefox
Virtual Clone Drive
Clone CD / Clone DVD / Any DVD
Revo Uninstaller
Autorun Typhoon 4
Cute FTP 8 Pro
Skype
7 Zip
Winrar
True Crypt
C Cleaner
ATF Cleaner
Reg Mechanic
J Downloader
TS Man 2009
Kaizen Software - Asset Manager Enterprise Edition
Offline Updater 4
Camtasia Studio
DAMN NFO Viewer
Stop Watch
Adobe Flash Pro CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3
VMware
Pamela for Skype

Oh and My Printer/scanner/copier.
__________________
Nathan H
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 PM
NYJimbo's Avatar
NYJimbo NYJimbo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, you know, like the iced tea.
Posts: 6,513
NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Am I the only loser who has Spooph v2.2 to get free access to all the big pron sites ?.
__________________
Asking for help ? If the make and model of your computer OR the O/S info is left off your post, I probably will not help you. It gets real old, real quick for me to have to ask for basic info just to help people.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 PM
geekhelp4u's Avatar
geekhelp4u geekhelp4u is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cypress, Texas
Posts: 835
geekhelp4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to geekhelp4u
Default

Office 2010
Photoshop CS5
GIMP
Paint.net
Snagit
Notepad ++
uTorrent
Chrome
Defraggler
MBAM Pro
MSE
Video LAN
Magic ISO
Acrobat Pro 9
Skype
7Zip
TS Man 2009
CCleaner
CDBurner XP
Dropbox
Audacity
__________________
-----------------------------------
Chris Pfeffer

Military: United States Army Communications and Networking Specialist
Civilian: Service Desk Team Lead


http://www.geekhelp4u.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
dannyd dannyd is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Accrington Lancashire UK
Posts: 129
dannyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methical View Post
Get LimeWire !! Must Have !!

Also get Norton !! Best Anti-Virus Ever !!

No wait, Get AntiVirus 2010 !! Its more up-to-date than all the others ! Enjoy

God just for a moment their i thought you where being serious. lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2010, 10:16 PM
vdub12's Avatar
vdub12 vdub12 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,509
vdub12 is on a distinguished road
Default

Opensuse 11.2
kde 4.3.5
Crossover office
Conky
virtualbox
Office 2003
The Gimp
K3b
Kaffeine
VLC MP
Ktorrent
rdesktop
firefox


I am sure theres more but this is what I use the most.
__________________
CyberCPU Computer Repair
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
DCGPX's Avatar
DCGPX DCGPX is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bradford, United kingdom
Posts: 992
DCGPX is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan H View Post
Fair Point NYJimbo..

OK so far I have:
Windows XP Pro with SP3
OS Updated fully
AVG - Anti Virus
Spyware Doctor - Anti Spyware
Office 2007, with BCM 2007 & Office Accounting 2008
Notepad++
Poster Pro it allows me to print large posters from ordinary A4 Paper
Magic ISO
Cheetah Burner
Security Administrator
Time Travel
Unlocker
Venta Fax & Voice
Fox-it PDF reader & Editor
U Torrent
Internet Download Manager
Firefox
Virtual Clone Drive
Clone CD / Clone DVD / Any DVD
Revo Uninstaller
Autorun Typhoon 4
Cute FTP 8 Pro
Skype
7 Zip
Winrar
True Crypt
C Cleaner
ATF Cleaner
Reg Mechanic
J Downloader
TS Man 2009
Kaizen Software - Asset Manager Enterprise Edition
Offline Updater 4
Camtasia Studio
DAMN NFO Viewer
Stop Watch
Adobe Flash Pro CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3
VMware
Pamela for Skype

Oh and My Printer/scanner/copier.
Why have you got half the stuff listed on your OFFICE PC?

Mine has Win7, Office Accounting, VMware and Eset 32 AV and that basically it

I have a separate box (Cheap EVO 51s SFF, 2.4GHx 1GB RAM ) that I do my 'fixes' on. It also has Eset and VMWare on and most of yours but in a VM environment. I can then download what I want, add drives in a sandboxed area to my hearts content. this way if it goes pear shaped, my main business pc ok and my test pc I can revert to a snapshot.

Just my setup that works for me.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 AM
reesk92's Avatar
reesk92 reesk92 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 623
reesk92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post
Am I the only loser who has Spooph v2.2 to get free access to all the big pron sites ?.

hahaha http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Spo...ient=firefox-a

jimbo got dragged to the top of google saying he likes porn lol
__________________
try hard and you can achieve anything...(just not as good as me obviously) lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Technibble.com is based out of MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.