Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-01-2010, 02:05 AM

dominexsus can only hope to improve
Thumbs up UPDATE= how is my Computer repair business doing

[SIZE=2]Hello everybody I will pe posting my business update every 3 months and i hope i can help some of you this way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]01/05/2010 update of my business MAGIC WORD = Marketing! Marketing! Marketing![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]it has been 22 months and finally I am making money as a onsite technician. I am going to share all my experience here. Some of you will be disagreeing what i wrote here and some of you will have my advices. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Before i start English is my second language and i am sorry about my English.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I have done %90 of marketing tactics what's written in this forum and all over the internet. I will only list some i can remember, some worth to mention and some wasting time[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]if you are good trade man i am sure things i have done if you do it it will be same effect on your business.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Here is the list[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]WEBSITE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I have 3 websites and 100 pages in total. Every page specially SEO Optimised for over 25 towns 100 villages and 3 city circles my location. for each website I spend over 1 year for SEO. I build all my Websites[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Read 3 books, over 1000 pages article, blog ect. i am using IBP internet business promoter and website auditor cost me $600 total. i also use several free software's. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]for SEO I also use roboform and website submitter. all directories and classified website submissions done by manually i tried every single SEO Strategy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]I[/SIZE] submitted my 3 x websites over 1000 free classifieds (NOT DIRECTORIES) website both uk also (us for seo purpose)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]UPDATE: Now i am using trusted link building company and have a big impact on my SEO and make things easier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I have also submitted over 5000 directories ( Manualy ) all over the world (list is too long i will not listed here) WEST OF TIME! NOT RECOMMENDED ( ONLY GOOD FOR SEO)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I pay $300 per year yahoo dir. and $300 one time payment to BOWD for seo purpose only also listed on DMOZ (GOOD FOR SEO & RECOMMENDED FOR SEO)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Finally I have 1 website PR1 Second one PR2 and the third page PR 4 ( 612 Keywords on page 1 and 311 keywords on page 2 ) Google, Bing, Yahoo [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]www.chesterfieldpcsupport.com PR1 ugly but wery well optimised[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]www.chesterfieldcomputer.com PR2 ugly but very well optimised[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]www.i can not list my website here for many reason PR4 ( THIS WEBSITE ONE OF THE MOST BEST SITE ON THE NET AND BEST SOURCE OF MY BUSINESS)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Now i am getting over %70 of my jobs from Google, yahoo, bing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]YELLOW PAGES AND THOMPSON LOCAL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Spend $2000 per year full colour advert iv got my money back and build over 50 new customer. Recommended!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]UPDATE: This year yellow page book half size smaller than last year but when the computer is broken it is the only way to find a technician and for this reason i already have 15 new custumer per month.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]YELLOW PAGES ON INTERNET (YELL.COM)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Spend $2000 per year iv got my money back and over 70 new customer. Recommended!! ( also strong back link for website ranking )[/SIZE]

GOOGLE PPC AND YAHOO PPC

Google is ok but even that my campaign was set %100 i only had 5-6 customer in 1 year and spend over $200 NOT RECOMMENDED

Yahoo NO customer 5 months and stopped NOT RECOMMENDED

FLIERS, LEAFLETS

Distributed well over 60000 and only had 20 customers NOT RECOMMENDED!

TRUSTED TRADER MEMBERSHIP RECOMMENDED

With in business:

No call out fee = recommended
Free advice: recommended
no fix no fee = MUST

Word of mouth = BEST + MUST+ FREE!

No hourly rates = RECOMMENDED! Please trust me on this you will get %95 positive result on the jobs and all customers tells me that's why they choose me!

Now every week i am getting 20 new custumer average 2 jobs from each custumer and 4-5 regular custumer already calling.

I am also opening a shop but i will never entegrate my onsite repair business to my shop. Shop is good but on site is the future i think

my reasons for having shop;

1 Some custumers dont trust onsite techniciand to collect $2000 laptop ect.

2 easy and secondary drop off point

3 Makes me more pro looking and visible business Man

4 i need a workshop for repairs since i started bring in lot of business to my home

5 I have over $7000 worth of stock at home and my mother will kill me if i bring any moore

6 as well as repair i can also sell a lot of computer and laptops and parts

7 most of my custumers giving their old computer or laptop for free soon after i sell new one to them ( After i sold about 30 computer giving by custumer with in year, i have more then 30 medium spec tower and 5 laptops at home already and i can sell them in the shop

8 I own a shop so i dont need to pay rent

WHAT I AM PAYING FOR MARKETING BUDGET THIS YEAR?

ON GOING SEO $1000 submitions, link building, ect.

YELL.COM $2000

YELLOW PAGES $1500

THOMPSON LOCAL $700

TRUSTED LINK BUILDING COMPANY $1000

I am making what i was dreaming 22 months ago and i am very happy. i wish you all good luck and i hope you have money to spend for this business or it will take a lot harder to get where you want to be. Rule is simple = More you spend on advertising More money to make and faster the business groves.

[/SIZE]

Last edited by dominexsus; 05-02-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 AM

Joines is an unknown quantity at this point

Confused, and why is his link going to wlmailhtml:%7B66A4448B-0324-4FA3-81E5-67C817896EFB%7Dmid://00000015/!x-usc:http://www.chesterfieldpcsupport.com/?...
Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 AM

NeutronTech will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to NeutronTech

spam..... That reminds me, I'm kinda hungry.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 AM

IAMPC is on a distinguished road

I'm confused as well. Your links don't work either.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:56 AM

Alan22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Now every week i am getting 20 new custumer average 2 jobs from each custumer and 4-5 regular custumer already calling
So that would average to 45 jobs per week. Very nice for an on-site tech. On a 7 day week, that's 6.5 jobs per day, so let's say 6 or 7. What is the average number of hours spent on each job? How much travel time between each job? How do you schedule jobs physically close to one another to make efficient use of time? How much time do you spend answering and talking on the phone? Do you have other techs working for you or someone answering the phone? If not, when do you eat, sleep or use the bathroom?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:06 AM

MrUnknown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan22 View Post
So that would average to 45 jobs per week. Very nice for an on-site tech. On a 7 day week, that's 6.5 jobs per day, so let's say 6 or 7. What is the average number of hours spent on each job? How much travel time between each job? How do you schedule jobs physically close to one another to make efficient use of time? How much time do you spend answering and talking on the phone? Do you have other techs working for you or someone answering the phone? If not, when do you eat, sleep or use the bathroom?
You may have misunderstood. I read it as he is getting 2 jobs from a new customer instead of just 1. Not in the same day or week, but in general.

That would come out to 25 a week or so or 5 a day. Which I still think is kinda high to be doing on-site.

I would say it was spam if there was any real point to it other than a simple back link. Also the fact that he has been on the forum for quite some time and gotten in a few arguments, as you can see from his karma thinger. Not sure why the links aren't working, definitely posted with something other than the web form. Edit: that is from Windows Live Mail. I am guessing he composed it in that and copied and pasted it to the forum?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
I would say it was spam if there was any real point to it other than a simple back link. Also the fact that he has been on the forum for quite some time and gotten in a few arguments, as you can see from his karma thinger.
LOL I did a search on him and read a thread he replied in regarding A+ certification. Quite a funny read really. I always thought that spelling and grammar was important for a tech as well. That goes with the ability to communicate with customers. However, it's quite the task trying to understand what he's saying half of the time. Quite funny indeed.

Last edited by NeutronTech; 05-01-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutronTech View Post
LOL I did a search on him and read a thread he replied in regarding A+ certification. Quite a funny read really. I always thought that spelling and grammar was important for a tech as well. That goes with the ability to communicate with customers. However, you it's quite the task trying to understand what he's saying half of the time. Quite funny indeed.
English is not his primary language. Might explain it some.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
English is not his primary language. Might explain it some.
Well, I guess that would explain it then. I guess in that case, it's not as funny as I thought.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 AM

shhhhaaaaammme!!!! *points finger*

Tags
business, computer, laptop, repair, services