Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 AM

Cambridge PC Support has a spectacular aura aboutCambridge PC Support has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthatgirl View Post
When I found TN, I knew I was home. First minute, first hour, first day.

I stumbled across TN, and didn't really look properly cos it sat in my bookmarks for a few weeks.

Glad I didn't dismiss it as it's the best website I've ever found and wish I'd looked properly at it the first time round!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 AM

Computer Fixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post
<BastardMode>

You got to be kidding !?!?.

I really cant believe you only had a dozen customers in two years and think thats a good return.

Sorry to be so harsh but I really cant believe you havent found more info from this forum unless you are trolling or just dont know how to use this forum.

</BastardMode>
Well, certainly an interesting reply. First, a dozen customers in 2 years stinks. That's why I'm trying to promote the business and second I am not trolling this site and last I'm still learning to use this site and yes I will take your input (harsh or not) and use it to force myself to be more proactive in generating more business. I did ask for any and all input didn't I?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous Mac Tech View Post
Do you sell lemonade also? I'm going with this is a joke..Just like Jimbo said, forum search will tell you what you need to know.
You know, right now if it would help generate more cash, I would sell lemonade if it were practical.

I will take your wise advice and do some digging around on this site for more info.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 AM

Default For all who replied to this request so fast....

Thank you one and all for all your comments and suggestions, they are invaluable indeed! And first order of business is to search this site more thoroughly first.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Banned

iptech is on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Fixer View Post
Well, certainly an interesting reply. First, a dozen customers in 2 years stinks. That's why I'm trying to promote the business and second I am not trolling this site and last I'm still learning to use this site and yes I will take your input (harsh or not) and use it to force myself to be more proactive in generating more business. I did ask for any and all input didn't I?
It's not a business, it's a hobby. If you can't drive yourself enough to search for more business now then you will always struggle. Before you randomly start trying to seek business make sure you understand what you what from your business and then work on what you need to do to get to that objective. Draw up a business plan from there and it will become clearer to you as to how you can drive towards your goal - don't forget to factor in the time and cost of learning new and developing old skills; a dozen repair jobs over two years will not have given you much experience.

Not just on this site, but there are many good (and free) sources of help and advice in starting a business, but don't expect anyone to give you an instant formulated plan, you need to put in some thought, effort and a lot of preliminary work yourself.

Good luck.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM

onetech4all is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

Computer fixer,
do me a favor and go to google and in the search box type this or copy and paste it:
" how to advertise your business on a shoestring " (don't copy the brackets)
and start reading.
Good luck, mate!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:56 PM

ProTech Support is on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetech4all View Post
Computer fixer,
do me a favor and go to google and in the search box type this or copy and paste it:
" how to advertise your business on a shoestring " (don't copy the brackets)
and start reading.
Good luck, mate!
Wait for it................

Wait for it..........

Wait for it......

Here it is

Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional.

ProTech Hosting - Website Hosting, Domain Registration, & Internet Services!

Special discount on website hosting for TechNibble members, send me a message for more information!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM

onetech4all is on a distinguished road
Default Re

I thought that was funny
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 PM

L-CSteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey if you want to start listing your business, you could create a free listing with Yell, Thomson Local, Touch Local, etc etc 'The Possibilities Are Endless'

Get Yourself a basic website and get an online presence, then maybe get a more functional site when you have a good cash flow.

Post flyers round your neighbourhood.

Basically - SPEAD THE WORD, YOU NEED TO TELL PEOPLE BEFORE THEY CAN FIND YOU

"Sorry about the caps, lol"

Support Residential Clients & Small Businesses Within Merseyside & West Cheshire Area

Discounts for Web Hosting available for Technibble Users
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Default Just asking for professional advice, honestly

To all the ones that actually posted useful information, I am very greatful. Thank you very much.

To the few (you know who you are) that thought my question was not worth even posting on this site and a joke quite honestly, take a lesson from your own motto:

"Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional" ?????

I know that some of you don't even give a rat's.... about my qualifications or experience. I've been doing bench and onsite computer repairs for about 18 years for other organizations, not my own company! I only asked for professional advice from professionals, since most of you have been running your own businesses for years. And I am trying to strike out on my own!

I thought you all might have some unique advice for me, which I am greatful for, most of you gave to me. Well do not worry you doubtful few, I shall not be posting any more questions in this forum from now on. So you can breathe a sigh of relief and celebrate. And I will not recommend any of my peers to join this site. Yes, believe it or not, I actually do have peers!!!!

I am very disappointed indeed