Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Hardware

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-07-2010, 04:26 PM

Computer Chip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biostar A780g M2+SE MB Replacement???

I have a customer that has a Biostar A780g M2+SE that will not power up. Power is good to machine and powersupply checks good. Shorted start switch temrinals and still no powe up. I am assuming MB is bad.

I can find a replacement MB of the same model but not the same version. My question is.....Will the existing operating system recognize the new MB and boot or will I have to perform a repair reinstall the OS (Vista)?

I don't replace that many MB so I just don't know? if it was a completely different boad I know I would but i wonder how close it needs to be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:31 PM

sjlplat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Chip View Post
I have a customer that has a Biostar A780g M2+SE that will not power up. Power is good to machine and powersupply checks good. Shorted start switch temrinals and still no powe up. I am assuming MB is bad.

I can find a replacement MB of the same model but not the same version. My question is.....Will the existing operating system recognize the new MB and boot or will I have to perform a repair reinstall the OS (Vista)?

I don't replace that many MB so I just don't know? if it was a completely different boad I know I would but i wonder how close it needs to be.

Thanks in advance.
It should boot fine. It might request drivers for some of the hardware, but generic drivers will be used until they're loaded.