Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-23-2010, 09:06 AM

Alphabyte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Critique my site please

Ok this is version 1 of my site, I am currently working on version 2 so I would like some input on what to add and what to take away as website building is not my strong suit.

www.alphabytesolutions.co.uk

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 02:58 PM

LTH-Joe is an unknown quantity at this point

If possible you should work contact info into the header, so from any page someone can pick up and call you.

Also you might want to have a quick contact form under your nav buttons so again people can quickly contact you.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM

shill is an unknown quantity at this point

Your site looks pretty good. The one suggestion I would make is to bold your headers.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, I have added a new banner in my mark 2 version with full contact details, and I shall bold all my headers as suggested by above.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:50 PM

nudone is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd advise you remove the splash screen - they were just another web design fad (that died a few years back).

your site will look more professional without it. plus it makes no sense for SEO.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 PM

ProTech Support is on the way

Alright, I guess I am going to play the bad guy here, but I assure you it is all love...

Your flash intro is nice and modern, but your actual website, is outdated and plain. Your top image looks like it was created with Word Art, and your header text looks terribly stock. My advice, get a GFX guy and update your site with some modern artwork. Coming to your site and knowing nothing about you, I get the sense that you are just a pizza tech who threw up a website in 2 minutes. Sorry to be harsh, but I think a site like that is going to hurt you, not help you.

Again, it's all love...

Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional.

ProTech Hosting - Website Hosting, Domain Registration, & Internet Services!

Special discount on website hosting for TechNibble members, send me a message for more information!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM

sjlplat is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with all the previous posts. A minimalist approach isn't a bad idea, but I would definitely add more graphical content.

You should probably replace the email address with either an image or a form mailer. Publishing an email address in plain text is no different from handing your email address directly to a spammer.

I would get rid of the affiliate advertising and link exchanges. Links to outside sites provide a quick exit for your visitors, and the objective is to make them stay there as long as possible, right? Affiliate advertising just doesn't belong on a business site. You're supposed to be advertising your services; not someone else's.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:11 PM

chrisaroz is on a distinguished road

First thing I did was hit SKIP on the flash video.

Found a few typos (didn't read everything).

2. Installing additional hardware like Broadband, Printers, Scanners, Software Packages, etc

3. Removing Adaware, Spyware and Viruses
(Adware - only 2 a's)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 AM

Don't think you are bad guys, I know you mean well and I want your honest opinion so I can change it for the better, I have to admit website design is my weakest IT skill, which I am working on learning HTML, PHP etc;

I was fiddling last night with my version 2 when I broke my version 1 and my site went down, so I uploaded my version 2 now, its not quite done yet, I have other things to add but please feel free to look and give me tips on it. Thanks all
Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 PM

ProTech Support is on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabyte View Post
Don't think you are bad guys, I know you mean well and I want your honest opinion so I can change it for the better, I have to admit website design is my weakest IT skill, which I am working on learning HTML, PHP etc;

I was fiddling last night with my version 2 when I broke my version 1 and my site went down, so I uploaded my version 2 now, its not quite done yet, I have other things to add but please feel free to look and give me tips on it. Thanks all
I love what you did with version 2, great improvement! The layout of the site, the header, and the menu are beautiful! Pat yourself on the back. Now, on the homepage, I would get rid of that computer with the thermometer. It is just an old played-out stock image, put something sexy in there and you should be good to go.

Great work man, and great way to take feedback!

Technibble is a place for professionals, so lets keep it professional.

ProTech Hosting - Website Hosting, Domain Registration, & Internet Services!

Special discount on website hosting for TechNibble members, send me a message for more information!