Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Buy, Sell or Trade

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Banned

JimO'C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleaning Up Deals!!!

I woke up and decided to kick my eBay account into full gear, by cleaning out my shop. Here take a look at some great deals.

I will ship international just PM me for a price (pm me on ebay please)

My eBay Page
Old 02-14-2010, 02:29 PM

Alan22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool, wish you luck with it. You don't have anything I need right now or I would place some bids.

As a former Ebay Powerseller and a long time buyer I just want to mention something about returns - no matter what you put in the listing the buyer can always return if they file a dispute with PayPal, and most of the time PayPal will side with the buyer. I never had to deal with this as a seller, but as a buyer I had to open quite a few claims over the years. I won each time, even if the seller stated "as-is" and "no returns" or if the item arrived damaged in shipping. The seller is always responsible for delivering the item in the same condition as advertised. Keep in mind that shipping insurance protects the seller, not the buyer, so if you offer shipping insurance and the buyer declines it's still your responsibility.

After hundreds of transactions running into situations where an item arrived damaged or not as described is rare, but it does happen and the seller is always on the hook.

Just a little advice - keep good records. Keep a record of serial numbers and always make sure to have delivery confirmation or tracking numbers filed with the sale. Send all communication via ebay or paypal (for documentation purposes). Only ship to confirmed PayPal addresses and don't use the buyers fedex, ups, dhl, etc. shippng account. If a high cost item get signature confirmation. Oh, and you pretty much don't want to send to Nigeria, OK

If you haven't already, look into using TurboLister. It's free and works well.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan22 View Post
Cool, wish you luck with it. You don't have anything I need right now or I would place some bids.

As a former Ebay Powerseller and a long time buyer I just want to mention something about returns - no matter what you put in the listing the buyer can always return if they file a dispute with PayPal, and most of the time PayPal will side with the buyer. I never had to deal with this as a seller, but as a buyer I had to open quite a few claims over the years. I won each time, even if the seller stated "as-is" and "no returns" or if the item arrived damaged in shipping. The seller is always responsible for delivering the item in the same condition as advertised. Keep in mind that shipping insurance protects the seller, not the buyer, so if you offer shipping insurance and the buyer declines it's still your responsibility.

After hundreds of transactions running into situations where an item arrived damaged or not as described is rare, but it does happen and the seller is always on the hook.

Just a little advice - keep good records. Keep a record of serial numbers and always make sure to have delivery confirmation or tracking numbers filed with the sale. Send all communication via ebay or paypal (for documentation purposes). Only ship to confirmed PayPal addresses and don't use the buyers fedex, ups, dhl, etc. shippng account. If a high cost item get signature confirmation. Oh, and you pretty much don't want to send to Nigeria, OK

If you haven't already, look into using TurboLister. It's free and works well.
Thanks good advice,

I am currently using Turbo Lister but I still have to much crap here at the shop.

Is there anything you do need, cus only about 1/4th of it is up there. < This goes for everybody, dont be afraid to ask
Old 02-14-2010, 05:01 PM

pg07143 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am always looking for 2.5" PATA hard drives, I prefer 40-60GB. Also always need SODIMM - DDR and DDR2. Let me know if you have either and there's a good chance I'll buy it from you.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:21 PM

ijunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I also need 2.5 pata drives often. Right now I need 120 gig or better. I also need some 256mb pc100/133 sdram.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 PM

stevenamills is on a distinguished road

JIm,

Take this as a suggestion and not a criticism:

I believe the postage charges are deal killers in most situations (e.g. $7.50 to ship a stick of RAM).

Time will tell, I guess.

Fox Valley Computer Services
The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog. –Mark Twain
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenamills View Post
JIm,

Take this as a suggestion and not a criticism:

I believe the postage charges are deal killers in most situations (e.g. $7.50 to ship a stick of RAM).

Time will tell, I guess.
That is what USPS charges for the flat rate, for that size package with insurance.

I make no proffit on shipping
Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 PM

wimwauters is on a distinguished road

Hi Jim,

I just added you as a favorite seller on my ebay buying account. (my seller account is unisoftdesign_co_uk on ebay.co.uk)

You should buy or list 9 very cheap items to boost your feedback to 10, this will make it a lot easier for you to get good pricing on your auctions and the paypal guarantee will go up. Also, most items on ebay are now listed as fixed price items, it saves worrying about getting a decent price on the auctions

Dormant accounts (no recent feedback) are often hijacked by scammers.

Ideal cheap items for selling are old compact things like PC133 modules or ancient processors. Let me know if/when you got some listed, I'll buy one to get you along :-)
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM

Psychoticus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg07143 View Post
I am always looking for 2.5" PATA hard drives, I prefer 40-60GB. Also always need SODIMM - DDR and DDR2. Let me know if you have either and there's a good chance I'll buy it from you.
we just threw out literally 3 dumpsters full of comuters with those hdd's and RAM, obviously we destroyed the hdd's to protect client information but if i had of known i could have wiped them and sent them to you.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 PM

Jsch38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you have any RAM CHIPS ?

I am looking 256 and 512 RAM chips.
Do you have any.
Send me a PM.
Thanks, Jim