Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-05-2010, 05:24 AM

Reset is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Start accepting credit cards with this service.

As a business owner im always looking for ways of saving some money and making more. I've been looking for cheap places to process my credit cards and i found something with a bonus. Intuit offers this service with its QuickBooks but im no longer using quickbooks but they are now offering the option to accept credit card by your cell phone or with any computer with low fees. And they are currently offering a great deal which your not charged any fees for 60 Days if your approved. Here's the link http://payments.intuit.com/ hope this helps some one and there are requirements. This is for a Limited time

Requirements

You must be an owner/principal of the merchant business and at least 18 years of age to complete the application. You will need the following information:
Addresses
Telephone numbers
Fax numbers
E-mail addresses
Social Security numbers (for owners/principals)
Business banking information (have a check handy)
Federal Tax ID (for Corporations, LLS's, Partnerships, Sole Proprietors) Estimated monthly credit and debit card sales volume
Existing card processing information (if applicable)

Pricing

Service Cost

Monthly service $19.95

Discount rate for Visa, MasterCard and Discover® Network

Card-swiped: 1.64%

Key-entered: 2.44%

Per-authorization fee $0.27

Monthly Minimum fee $0-$20 (based on monthly processing volume)

One-time set-up fee $59.95

Cancellation fee None

Do you already have an Intuit QuickBooks Merchant Service account to process in your QuickBooks software or on your website? If so, save $10 a month on GoPayment and get your setup fee waived.3 Add the GoPayment processing option to your existing account by going directly to the Manage Account tab in the Merchant Service Center.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 AM

creatfire is an unknown quantity at this point

already signed up for the virtual terminal when it was two months free.... better then pro pay and more on the up and up then bankcard usa or most people selling merchant accounts.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Simmy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Simmy

Why not try google checkout? No monthly fees or joining fees. And the % are the same if not cheaper.

Computer Repair Bristol | Bristol IT Support
Vidahost Discount Code | FreeAgent Discount Code | PM Me For A TeamViewer Discount Code
Old 02-05-2010, 09:35 AM

NWPhotog is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! Intuit is EXPENSIVE for a small merchant!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 PM

How do you figure. When the banks charge double or triple the fees i listed. And google and paypal are not options.

Last edited by Reset; 02-05-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM

lassenpc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset View Post
How do you figure. When the banks charge double or triple the fees i listed. And google and paypal are not options.
Just curious (for my own educational benefit), why are google and paypal not options?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 AM

Because I have a lot of business clients that are in various fields and sometimes there's no internet access where I'm at. Sure I could just pull out my netbook and connect my cell to it and do it that way but theirs times I don't have my netbook because it’s not needed and I always carry my cell. So having the option to swipe cards with a bluetooth card reader through my cell. Saves me time and is quicker than having to login to anything and start typing and its less weight i have to carry around.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 AM

Appleby is on a distinguished road

I do not run enough cards to justify a machine because of the monthly costs. I only run about 2 cards per week, mostly I think because people don't think I accept them. I don't really care, because no one asks on the phone if I accept credit cards or not, they want their computer fixed then worry about how to pay for it.lol

My local bank offers a "phone in" credit card service which works great for me. I have one of the OLD style imprint machines that I run over the card onto the carbon copied slip, then I call an 800#, enter my merchant number, their card number, the sale amount, expiration etc and it gives me an authorization code to write on the sales slip. It takes 60-90 seconds.

$6 monthly fee
2%-3% depending on the card
.25 cent processing fee for each transaction

Not too shabby for me. I could get better rates with a machine but the monthly rental or the up front machine purchase price just doesn't make it worth it with the few cards I'm running. I like it because I can do it from anywhere I have access to a phone or cell phone signal.
Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. - Matthew 5:37
Old 02-06-2010, 04:44 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

I use paypal VM and pay the fee's, I really don't care I guess about a $10 savings. I should though, but I am pretty used to how I do it.

About 60% of my business is done online, I only accept credit cards.
The other 40%, is still paid by credit cards.

I go to the bank once a week to deposit checks, I prefer credit cards. And I do it the old school way, log in each time, that kinda sucks.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:14 AM

ITTech is an unknown quantity at this point

With My merchant I only pay .20 per transaction and 9.95/month and i get the same % rates...