Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM

chrisaroz is on a distinguished road
Default MHelpDesk

Anyone used this new software being advertised on TechNibble: MHelpDesk? I'd never heard of it, and a quick search here didn't turn anything up.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 PM

PCSupportGlasgow will become famous soon enough

Nevewr used it but always sceptikal about CRM software suppliers who only offer 10 days trial as thast never enough time to fully test it.

Also for a price of $30 a month it would take alot of effort to move people away from the likes of commitcrm or TSman which have been tried,tested, and tweeked to what users require over a long period of time.

Personally for what it offering i would stick with an offline system. Would you trust financials and client data to anyone else other than those in your employment??
Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 PM

K007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the fact that it has a story line demo LOL. Poor BOB (the builder, aka Bob the computer builder )
Personally I would have nil, zilch, nada, of my customers' details or my financial data on someonelse's server/cloud, whatever you want to call it.
If the likes of FaceBook have been hacked, what are the chances of smaller ones?
If the **** hits the fan, ulitmately you will have to answer for the customer data, not the hosting company, they have disclaimers, small prints and an army of lawyers, whereas I am ridiculously easy to be chalanged on any legal aspect of my business.
It may be fine for big companies who can afford litigation with their customers, but for me even a 1000 loss in revenue or even worse (court settlement/fees), would be disastrous.
Last but not least, 10 day trial. WTF?

Last edited by K007; 02-03-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Bad spelling... well, not a native speaker, you undearstand.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM

freythman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm curious what a recommendation for a CRM for someone who does strictly on-site service would be. I used a trial of CommitCRM, but it didn't seem to fit the bill.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 PM

RhodyTech is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by freythman View Post
I'm curious what a recommendation for a CRM for someone who does strictly on-site service would be. I used a trial of CommitCRM, but it didn't seem to fit the bill.
I've been courting both ConnectWise and AutoTask Go!

AutoTask Go! is $29/mo but I love that it has an iPhone app so I can track jobs/time while in the field.