Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Repair Tool of the Week Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 01-29-2010, 01:39 AM

Mushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drop Box

This is a cool and FREE online storage space that allows 2 gb free with the potential to buy more space OR even better get some free space by referring friends.

The coolest feature is that it AUTO syncs all files in your "drop box" folder on each of the computer you install drop box on.

This auto sync is awesome becasue I have tons of computers that I could be working from at any one time. It is like a flash drive without the drive.

Also if you can not install the software you can also access your files throught the web site.

so here is the link.... (My referral link if you don't mind)

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMyMDU1MjM5

and if you don't wan't to give me FREE space you can go direct

http://www.dropbox.com
Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 AM

HubCityPC is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to HubCityPC

Microsoft also offers this type of service free of charge. MS Live Mesh offers 2GB of storage in the cloud and unlimited syncing between machines that have the client installed. Hopefully it will soon integrate with Sky Drive which currently provides 30GB of free storage. It seems MS has put that on the back burner since they announced they would better integrate with each other early in 2008 but that hasn't happened yet.

Mesh works with Windows, Windows Mobile and Mac OS. It also provides remote desktop connections to all of your clients that are running at least XP Pro (no Mac RDC)

You can currently use Gladinet to upload locally to Sky Drive. Of course since there is no client like Mesh, you would have to access Sky Drive via the web if you're not on your usual machine.

Kevin
Old 01-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Banned

Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice

I've been running DropBox for about a year. There is also a portable version if you look for it. Right now, I run both. Regular for 'our' documents and portable for my techie stuff from the HD copy of my main flashdrive. It holds copies of my AutoIT scripts, compiled EXEs of those scripts which are referenced on my website, PDFs of a whole bunch of crap I'll never remember....

About the only thing I can't fit on are our pictures but we've still got most of the wedding pictures (and Pirate-themed reception) on CD.

Very handy.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Ciaran is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been using it for a few months now and love it, though I'm starting to run out of the free 2gb. It's a great tool for anyone working from 2 or more computers

If anyone is thinking of signing up, use the refferal link in the original post as not only will Mushin get 250mb free, so will you!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:38 PM

hyfidel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hyfidel

Been using Dropbox as well for at least a month, and it really does make it easier to sync your most recent downloads for all your portable tools and virus updates...
Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 PM

manderso is an unknown quantity at this point

And it works on more than just windows! I'm very close to biting the bullet and paying for the 50gb size. Grr.