Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 12-22-2009, 05:59 PM

andrewrost3241981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to andrewrost3241981

I just put up something with wordpress. I still have work to do on it, so I know it isn't great right now. I have never worked with wordpress before, so I don't really know how to edit it that well.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 PM

PCRepairWV is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PCRepairWV Send a message via MSN to PCRepairWV Send a message via Yahoo to PCRepairWV Send a message via Skype™ to PCRepairWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrost3241981 View Post
I just put up something with wordpress. I still have work to do on it, so I know it isn't great right now. I have never worked with wordpress before, so I don't really know how to edit it that well.
The main thing you want to do before you even worry about content, is get a landing page template. If you look at my new web site at http://www.pcrepairwv.com you can see what I'm doing for the time being. Builds anticipation and people will be talking (albeit, not very much if you don't get people excited) but pre-launch hype is a HUGEEEE driving force to sales. Look at how Windows is talked about for month before it's ready... new Apple products as well. I'm going to begin handing out flyers next week with my new site being advertised "check out our brand new site" and I'm going to put an opt-in on the site so I can hopefully get a list going. List building is another technique I think everyone should engage in. I built a 20 person list and sent out a christmas card using constant contact and got feedback from two people out of the list. Imagine if you could get those stats on a 100 customer list? 10 people everytime you send out a newsletter could be pretty awesome for your bank account.

Just some things I have been thinking about and have been implementing in my business. Good luck.

Justin M. Waugh, Owner
JTekNet
West Virginia Computer Repair
Old 12-23-2009, 05:11 PM

mglipford is an unknown quantity at this point

This just illustrated the value to reading everything first. I checked out the linked site before reading all of the responses, and was shocked at the negativity at first. Then I realized that the site I was looking at wasn't the same site every was commenting on.

My site runs on a Wordpress installation, and though I'm not super happy with the theme I'm using right now, as general rule Wordpress makes it super easy to create a decent looking site. Even though the OP's site now looks pretty simple, I like it. I would have loved to be able to see the original that everyone was commenting on.

Also, to further the mention of Artisteer, I am loving that program so far. I've been playing with the demo, and I'm trying to figure out which version (Standard or Pro) to use when redesigning my site.

I know Standard would work fine for me, but I wonder if I should just buy the Pro version in case I ever want to migrate to a full CMS platform, like Joomla or Drupal.

I can't believe how easy Artisteer makes theme design. I could totally see building a service around a program like that.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:34 PM

PCSupportGlasgow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglipford View Post
Also, to further the mention of Artisteer, I am loving that program so far. I've been playing with the demo, and I'm trying to figure out which version (Standard or Pro) to use when redesigning my site.

I know Standard would work fine for me, but I wonder if I should just buy the Pro version in case I ever want to migrate to a full CMS platform, like Joomla or Drupal.

I can't believe how easy Artisteer makes theme design. I could totally see building a service around a program like that.
hmmmm register as affiliate get your commission on the sale for your design and the $70 difference in price a no brainer especially if your like most techs and have more than 1 website
Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

I had a static website until last June, I was getting 6,000 page hits a month, then I had my webguy move me to a word press site, and with a big announcement, I went up to 21,000 page hits in one month and have been growing ever since.

I really think thats people like the blog feature, I like word press because I can easily change anything on the site in a matter of a click or two.

I just launched my "Ask Lisa" feature just this past week and have a nice amount of questions, hopefully those folks will come back!

http://www.callthatgirl.biz

check out my word press site.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:59 AM

MakoLogics is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to MakoLogics
Default Web Design

Hello, PM me I will give you one of my lead designers contact info to build you a cheap but very pro site. Prices range from $300 up I will even send you a portfolio of his work.

Last edited by MakoLogics; 02-03-2010 at 04:05 AM.