Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 09-05-2007, 05:45 AM

sheikdct1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Items in USB Drive

I Have a Probelm in my PEN Drive... i Have 1gb Kingston Pen Drive.. In that drive i stored nearly 700 mb contenetd(Folders and Files).. When i put in Windows Xp PC and also click the pen drive letter, there will be no content.. but properties window of pen drive shows 700mb used.. What is the actual problem.. and what i do now for viewing my pen drive content in Windows Explorer.. Please Help Me....
Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Tony Marwick is an unknown quantity at this point

you could try going into the pen drive then click tools, folder options, then the view tab then look for "show hidden files and folders" click on that to set it to show them (no garantees)
Old 09-05-2007, 10:19 AM

sheikdct1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default but not Sloved that Problem

Thanks for ur reply.... I Already do the same Option that means I enable Show/Hide Folder Option... Please Tell me Another way...........
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Can any other computer read the contents?

Try seeing if anything can be accessed via command line. Goto Start > Run and type in "cmd".

This will bring up the black command Window. then type:
(x being the drive letter of your USB drive)
Quote:
x: <press enter>
dir <press enter>
Does this bring up the contents of the drive?

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM

basic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikdct1984 View Post
I Have a Probelm in my PEN Drive... i Have 1gb Kingston Pen Drive.. In that drive i stored nearly 700 mb contenetd(Folders and Files).. When i put in Windows Xp PC and also click the pen drive letter, there will be no content.. but properties window of pen drive shows 700mb used.. What is the actual problem.. and what i do now for viewing my pen drive content in Windows Explorer.. Please Help Me....
eck...I've never had the experience, personally, but I've been told by more senior technicians that if usb drives, or any solid state drives for that matter, fail because of reaching its limit for write and erase cycles that it is impossible to get the data back.

Edit: Almost impossible is a better description. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 AM

idiot_savant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
eck...I've never had the experience, personally, but I've been told by more senior technicians that if usb drives, or any solid state drives for that matter, fail because of reaching its limit for write and erase cycles that it is impossible to get the data back.

Edit: Almost impossible is a better description. Please correct me if I am wrong.
how long have you been using your pen drive? I have a friend with the same problem before.......the USB drive is infected by a virus.......he just reformatted the USB.........