Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 10-22-2009, 04:02 PM

TechForce is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the comments again all.

JosephLeo: it's DL size, 105x210mm, designed to be displayed landscaped.

thanks again for all the comments, i was hoping for more negative feedback though! (call me crazy... but i feel it'll just help improve things next time around)
Old 10-22-2009, 04:08 PM

JosephLeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechForce View Post
Thanks for the comments again all.

JosephLeo: it's DL size, 105x210mm, designed to be displayed landscaped.

thanks again for all the comments, i was hoping for more negative feedback though! (call me crazy... but i feel it'll just help improve things next time around)
I guess it's pretty good then. Maybe just make the font size A little smaller next time around. Also, you asked for comments, not criticism

If you wanted critique then I would of say--
  • The blue you used will come out lighter than you think it will, remember to always check your CMYK settings.
  • I'm not sure about the sign on the truck- it looks a bit out of place on screen- on paper things become more obvious, so keep an eye out for that.
  • The "10% of all labour with this flyer" part might not show up as well as you wish it does- try a bolder font, or a white with a drop shadow instead.

Other than that- it's excellent...just keep in mind the blue might not show up how you want it so don't go blaming the print company if you can't see your fades and gradients perfectly
Old 10-22-2009, 04:18 PM

TechForce is an unknown quantity at this point

Now thats more along the lines of what i was hoping for!

Thanks JosephLeo

I understand about the blue, my business cards were designed similar and printed by the same print company, i've had a screen proof beforehand and the blue actually appears a little darker on the printers proof than it does in my files. (unless that was part of the error correction service they have, once they arrive i'll take a look and see if they included any notes.)

The sign on the truck was a bit of an awkward one, the truck was just a royalty free vector that i used, the writing i tried to place on the truck as best i could. i've done a printout myself and it looks 'OK' (not great, not quite how i'd have liked) but i can live with it and chalk it up to experience and improve on it for the future.

Hopefully the 10% will show up! eek, but thanks for the tip. i'll bear it in mind.

I've read a few of your posts and understand your a former graphic designer so your input is much appreciated as i know it'll only help to better the process next time around.

p.s. i'll post my compliment slip designs before i send them to print! lol, that way i'll be able to amend it before sending it out.

i'll let everyone knows how the finished article looks when it arrives. scheduled for delivery on 29th.

Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:43 PM

iisjman07 has a spectacular aura aboutiisjman07 has a spectacular aura about

I like them; they're not serious, rather more welcoming and they look home-made