Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-19-2012, 05:17 AM

gikstar is on the way

Advertising...
Have your prior/current/future customers leave reviews on sites like: Google, Yahoo! Local, Linked In, Yelp

Get as many reviews on each of those sites as possible and always keep working it. Make a link on your website for people to review from there and post reviews from there. It's important for clients to see lots of reviews.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 PM

tomahawkeer is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I need an entire phone system, since i'm the only employee. I did venture back into my google voice account, and take a look at that. I may have to invest in one of the OBI100 /110 it seems to be a good inexpensive place to start.

As far as advertising goes, I plan on hitting as many things as I can starting off. Yellow Pages, business cards (already have), fliers, google and yahoo reviews obviously. I've already gotten my linkedin, facebook, twitter accounts set up, I just haven't started adding people yet and actually taking things live.

One thing that I do not have, and is a big thing, is business insurance. My plan the entire time, has been to invest very little money, get a couple of customers, and basically let what I make from the pay for anything else that I need before I try to really expand the company keeping overhead as small as possible. About how much am I to expect to pay for business insurance for just myself on a monthly / yearly basis?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM

The Magus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to The Magus

Consider how far you are willing to travel. Consider if you want to teach classes to get referrals. Flyers with tearoff tags from bottom (straight down).
--------------------------------
Analyst/Programmer, Consultant and Technical Support Associate. I also drive a truck.
Capm, Mcp, A+, MOS, Master Cert in Customer Requirements Analysis
http://www.Galensoncaa.com
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sylvania_smartbook/
http://www.ChatNFiles.com