All members are to respect the thoughts, opinions, and the right to forum use of all other members. Any personal discrepancies between members should either be dealt with outside of the site, or through site staff.
No End Users
These forums are for either current computer technicians, or soon to be computer technicians. We do not provide computer help to any non-technicians.
Minimum Age of 16
Technibble is a community of professionals. We require our members to be at least 16 years of age.
No Spamming. This Includes:
- When posting a response to a thread, it must add to the overall discussion value of the thread.
- Posts which do not adhere to the boundaries of the thread posted in.
- Flame Posts
If you spot a spam post, please report it by clicking the
button which appears in the top right of every post. However, please do not post that you reported the thread in the actual thread as it more than doubles the amount of work the moderators have to do.
You cannot post advertisements of any sort in any forum. This includes products, services or websites that you would directly or indirectly benefit from in any way.
Exceptions to this rule (may be objected to which is at the discretion of the moderators):
- Signatures - If you are posting good, useful posts then you may include your own website in the signature of your message. Obvious exceptions to this are porn sites, hate sites etc..
- Unaffiliated Announcements - If you spot a great deal on a site, post it in the "Computer Deals" forum. You may only do this if you are completely unaffiliated with that deal.
Any tricks to circumvent this (such as getting a friend to advertise for you in order to bypass the "unaffiliated" rule) will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.
There are many businesses on this site and their reputations are taken very seriously. No libellous comments are allowed on these forums.
No Obscenities or any other Inappropriate Behavior
This includes discrimination against someone for their sexual, religious, racial, or ethnic characteristics. Actions such as these will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.
Be Helpful, Be Nice, Be Respectful
Be helpful, nice or at least respectful, or don't comment at all.
- If you know someone is wrong, be helpful and point them to a correct source.
- If someone doesn't know something, either help them directly, or help them help themselves by pointing them to an appropriate source. This could be a link to another thread, telling them what to search for on Google or even our "How to ask good questions" post. There are always going to be people with less knowledge than yourself. We all had to start somewhere and if no-one asked questions then not much would happen on this forum. Of course, these forums are still only for existing or soon-to-be computer technicians, if you feel someone is an end user, simply report them with the report button that is on every post and don't respond to it.
- Some people will have a differing opinion to yours. It may not be provable one way or another, so please respect their right to their opinion.
We aim to keep the mood here as everyone is learning and being helpful. We don't lift ourselves up by pushing others down. If we feel someone is being deliberately nasty, action may be taken in the form of an infraction or a banning. This is done at an Administrator or Moderators discretion.
No Links to Pirate Material or Assisting with Its Use
Such as illegal torrents, copyrighted software ISOs, CD Keys or means to hack into software and/or hardware. No assisting on the forums with information to obtain or make use of pirate material.
We run on a "3 strikes and your out" system here on Technibble. If you break the rules you will be given a "strike". If you reach 3 strikes you will permanently banned from the forums.
No Multiple Accounts - 1 Account Per Person
You are only allowed to have one Technibble forum account.
Business to Business Work/Hiring and Buying & Selling
Technibble members like to hire other members for various tasks such as Coding/SEO/Graphics as well as Buy and Sell items with other members. Technibble cannot be held responsible for any business dealings between members. It is strictly between yourself and the other party and all risks are assumed by those parties only.
Introduction questions are mandatory and must be answered in a way that gives us a reasonable idea about what your current experience is and what type of work you do (starting a computer business, working for someone else etc..)
We do this to make sure that this website remains a technician only website.
- This forum is a place for professionals and we expect our users to act like professionals.
- Please observe correct spelling and grammar. The members here don't want to have to translate what you are saying before they can help you. Any sort of lazy SMS/Instant Messenger writing such as "becuz u sed he reli fixd it" is heavily frowned upon.
- Remember forum members are not police. Either share your wisdom, ask legitimate questions or please stay silent. If you have an issue that you would like to bring to a moderators attention, report it.
- Remember that everyone has differing levels of business and technical knowledge. Some people are very new to the business and are here to learn more, others are very experienced have been operating 10 years. Do not flame a user for not knowing a certain topic, they are here to learn.
- Do not ask for technical help without having done basic diagnosis first.
- If you are after technical help, ask good questions by telling us what operating system are you using, what were you doing at the time when it happened and what have you done so far etc.. This will increase your chances of getting answered and having your problem fixed quicky.