Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM

youngwun0 is on a distinguished road
Question A Few Tech Questions

Hello all,

I have a few questions for all you techs out there with some experience or another.... now yesterday i was set to do 2 repairs for 2 friends one at 1:30pm the other at 3:30pm, now the first repair was a neighbor who had some form of malware/spyware on her very old compaq 2000 model 600MHz PC... i had to fix the issue in 2 hours on this PC Since her machine is very old and was very much infected i offered to just take the HDD home, reformat and reinstall windows with her old data and program listing and bring it back tomorrow (today) also i had to run and be at another location by 3:30pm her machine was simply too slow to run a virus scanner lol, anyway my questions are...

1) What do you guys usually do when you are removing viruses from a very old and sluggish machine such as the one i mentioned ?

2) What methods are best in deleting and fully removing malware/spyware ? (i hear spybot S&D running from UBCD4WIN was best but time was running out so i took the easy way out on the first job lol)

3) How long does it usually take you guys to remove these viruses (on average) ? (For some reason i get the impression that i do it to slow and the client is thinking negative about my skills, i am very insecure at times idk lol)

Any other tips or comments are welcome, at the moment i am just starting out fixing neighbors computers so I'm not sure how the entire game works, thanks greatly.