Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM

SladeReed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Website review/critique

Quality-Computers dot org

Sorry, i am under 15 post, so i am unable to post links.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:39 PM

acscva is on a distinguished road

Why are you using a .org ????? Not typical with a commercial business to use a .org.

I don't see any address of your company and what areas that you service.

I don't think people will use the "Request Information" form.....maybe make it schedule an appointment or get a free report of something.....

Just my 2 cents.

Shawn
Old 09-12-2012, 06:51 PM

jamston is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for nicking my thread title and making me realise my spelling mistake, it made me lol
http://www.jbitcomputers.com
Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 PM

SladeReed is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscva View Post
Why are you using a .org ????? Not typical with a commercial business to use a .org.

I don't see any address of your company and what areas that you service.

I don't think people will use the "Request Information" form.....maybe make it schedule an appointment or get a free report of something.....

Just my 2 cents.
The reason there is no address is because i my run business out of my home and i would prefer to set an appointment via phone or email instead of them just showing up as a walk in. I do most of my business on-site, remote, or pickup, and as for the areas i service, i really don't have a set location. I'll pretty much travel anywhere in Louisiana. The request form is temporary until i can acquire a toll free number.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeReed View Post
The reason there is no address is because i my run business out of my home and i would prefer to set an appointment via phone or email instead of them just showing up as a walk in. I do most of my business on-site, remote, or pickup, and as for the areas i service, i really don't have a set location. I'll pretty much travel anywhere in Louisiana. The request form is temporary until i can acquire a toll free number.
WTF??????

Mate you're a business. That domain name suffix is for organisations.

How you manage your appointments has nothing to do with it.

Regarding your site, theres too much to mention here. The best thing you could do is read the Ad Critique section of the forum and see what information is generally provided. To start in with what you have there would just involve repeating what has already been said countless times over.

Jim
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 AM

chuq00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default your site

You are not allowed to be a for profit company with a .org site, that is first and foremost!
Your site does not convey much information to anyone.
If you have been in business for 4 years and are just now getting around to building a website you need to do it right! No offense but take a look at many other sites and compare them to your own and think about how yours looks and the information conveyed.
But, first thing you need to do is get yourself a .com or .biz name and go from there.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 AM

Magic Miguel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuq00 View Post
You are not allowed to be a for profit company with a .org site, that is first and foremost!
Your site does not convey much information to anyone.
If you have been in business for 4 years and are just now getting around to building a website you need to do it right! No offense but take a look at many other sites and compare them to your own and think about how yours looks and the information conveyed.
But, first thing you need to do is get yourself a .com or .biz name and go from there.
I think you have your facts wrong. Sure it's geared towards non profit organizations but there's no law stating you have to be a non profit to use a dot org. It's simply his particular business name wasn't available in the dot come form which for the most of us is the norm. My only suggestion would be to try to see if you can utilize something like qualitycomputersla.com or qualitycomputerscityname.com.

Just for searchability sake and ease. I tried searching Google to find a specific bylaw or icann declaration that says you can't use dot org for for profit and couldn't find anything.

Quote:
The domain name org is a generic top-level domain (gTLD) of the Domain Name System (DNS) used in the Internet. The name is truncated from organization. It was one of the original domains established in 1985 and operated by the Public Interest Registry since 2003. The domain extension was originally created for non-profits, but today it is commonly used by schools, open-source projects, communities, and for-profit entities. The number of registered .org domains have increased from less than one million in the 1990s, to ten million as of June, 2012. - Wikipedia