Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 08-17-2012, 11:57 PM

bytebuster is on a distinguished road
Default Are my prices too high?

My website is in my sig. You can see that I charge $100 for a screen and $50 for a battery. The screens are $35 + shipping, so that gives me a gross of maybe $60. I am mobile, and I fix iPhones at people's houses, so my costs are higher. A battery is maybe $10, giving me a gross of maybe $40. Are my prices too high? Some people are offering iPhone repair for "$30", but that doesn't include the part. I include the part in my price, AND I don't mark it up like some people do. I was hoping to sell myself on convenience, for people who don't want to drive to a shop, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a Craigslist ad, a #7 spot on Google Maps, and a Facebook page. I don't show up in organic searches because another shop has "packed" the results.
http://www.bytebustermcr.com/
Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 AM

krutoi is on a distinguished road

I like your site - nice, clean, and to the point. I suggest including your phone number in the page title - some folks will see it and call without even clicking when it shows up in search results.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:09 AM

compnet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytebuster View Post
I have a Craigslist ad, a #7 spot on Google Maps, and a Facebook page. I don't show up in organic searches because another shop has "packed" the results.
There's your problem, not prices.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 AM

Larry Sabo has a spectacular aura aboutLarry Sabo has a spectacular aura about

I see the phone number in two places, so maybe you have incorporated the above suggestions already. It is not clear from your site that parts and labour are included. I'd suggest you say something like:
  • Screen, including parts and labour - $100
  • Battery, including parts and labour - $50
Old 08-18-2012, 12:56 AM

strollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytebuster View Post
... I am mobile, and I fix iPhones at people's houses, so my costs are higher. ...
I always thought of a mobile business as having LOWER costs since you don't need to maintain a storefront. Why do you say your costs are higher?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strollin View Post
I always thought of a mobile business as having LOWER costs since you don't need to maintain a storefront. Why do you say your costs are higher?
Gas is $4 a gallon here in CA, and I serve a bigger service area than most iPhone repair shops. I serve the entire metro area. There are some areas that are 25 miles away from me.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:01 AM

nesrinamb is on the way

http://www.mbopartners.com/#billrate

first look at the link above try to estimate the best you can and then that's when you decide whether your prices are to high. If everyone is offering screen repairs for a lot lower price and have more expense then their just shooting themselves in the foot. never ever compete on price, no theirs no way that you can sell someone a $1,000 screen repair (or maybe you can) but never try to sell a $10 screen repair
Old 08-18-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Sabo View Post
I see the phone number in two places, so maybe you have incorporated the above suggestions already. It is not clear from your site that parts and labour are included. I'd suggest you say something like:
  • Screen, including parts and labour - $100
  • Battery, including parts and labour - $50
Fixed. I put "parts included in the price-always" in the "my promise to you" section.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrinamb View Post
http://www.mbopartners.com/#billrate

first look at the link above try to estimate the best you can and then that's when you decide whether your prices are to high. If everyone is offering screen repairs for a lot lower price and have more expense then their just shooting themselves in the foot. never ever compete on price, no theirs no way that you can sell someone a $1,000 screen repair (or maybe you can) but never try to sell a $10 screen repair
What people will do is claim "$40 screen repair" but that DOESN'T include the part. Once they draw you in, they hit you with the whopper that the screen will be $100 or something obscene, since of course they're dumb and get the parts from Ebay or Ifixit.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:00 PM

altrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the rough

Separate your price from your cost. The only time price and cost are related is when your price is lower than your cost.

Price is whatever you can get enough people to pay that makes it worth your while.

There will always be someone priced less than you. Set a price you are comfortable with and work on finding customers who will pay it and worry less about cheap competitors and low price shoppers.

Everyone wants a low price. The people your site needs to attract are ones that also value service and convenience and are willing to pay more to get it.

Last edited by altrenda; 08-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.