Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 PM

aggieg33k is on a distinguished road
Default Computer Case Cleaning Video

Here's just a basic video I made for my clients. Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQrvP-MA2g

Last edited by aggieg33k; 08-21-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:25 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

WOW. Why are you so nervous ? I could not get past the first minute without stopping.

Until the video is released there is no reason to be nervous. It's your world, do whatever you feel and when YOU are ready then you release the video. If there is someone in the shoot making you nervous, GET RID OF THEM.

ps- Wear a REAL shirt with a collar, your attire makes you look like a internet punk and not a pro.

pps- This really should be in "technician eyes only" until you are ready.

Last edited by NYJimbo; 08-17-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 PM

3ft can only hope to improve

And cleaning your cases indoors bothers you, why? I'd love to take 'em outside too, but cleaning a case in front of my storefront isn't the appearance we want to project.

You lost me fully when I read and heard your company name. Sorry, nerd and geek business names irritate me.

Best o' luck!
Ed
Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 PM

codegreen is a jewel in the roughcodegreen is a jewel in the roughcodegreen is a jewel in the rough

You do seem pretty nervous. You say "um" and "uh" a lot; practise until you can eliminate these verbal tics. Also, you shift from one foot to the other. Stay still! It's very distracting. If this is for your clients, you want to project confidence. Also, you repeat yourself once you start the tutorial, talking about wet towels and dust in the office. Keep that in your intro and cut it from the tutorial. Finally, I recommend you cut the time down. 7+ minutes is probably longer than most people will watch someone blowing out a case.

Code Green Technology:
Fredericton Computer Repair
Old 08-18-2012, 01:27 AM

'putertutor has a spectacular aura about'putertutor has a spectacular aura about

I'll second the comments about your nervous tics and crutches (shifting from side to side, um's and uh's, repeating yourself) and that 7 minutes is pretty long for this subject. Kudo's, though, for making the video. For me, I think a video would do nothing good for my business. I've got a face made for radio .

I've heard that blowing out fans might damage bearings, but I've never considered it a likely or even realistic scenario. A quick search yielded little more than anecdotal stories. Is there any real data to back up this claim? I'd be curious to know. Until then, I guess I'll just keep on making them blades spin.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:52 AM

Well, I went ahead and deleted the first portion of the video and only have the case cleaning procedure . It cut it down to 3 minutes and got rid of the "um's and uhs" I can see how this would be annoying... it had nothing to do with nervousness, but more so thinking aloud about what I was going to say.

I will post the updated video soon.

Last edited by aggieg33k; 08-18-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQrvP-MA2g

Last edited by aggieg33k; 08-18-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:00 AM

pcman2010 is on a distinguished road

It seems like a better video. You may want to cut some of the spraying out. Also, FYI. I had a customer damage their computer by using an air compressor.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:07 PM

mr m will become famous soon enough

I've cleaned hundreds of pc's with my air compressor. I set the regulator at 40 PSI and use a tie wrap to keep the fans from spinning.

One thing I would add is the front bezel should be removed. Most PC's draw cooling air from the front and exhaust it out the back. I find the front fans/filters are usually packed solid with dust.

BTW, your vid motivated me to clean my bench rig. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Yeah a compressor is fine as long as you don't go above 80psi and you are not in a humid environment.