Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Repair Tool of the Week Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-01-2012, 12:12 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcuk11 View Post
Will D7 be effected the same way as UVK? UVK has pulled its auto antivirus section from the software due to the software companies complaining?

Cheers

Mark
I'm not positive because I've never used UVK but I believe that UVK may have violated licensing terms by automating keystrokes and mouse clicks to force automation that the applications did not support.

D7 does not do this, it only uses command line functionality provided by the free versions of the applications for usage which does not violate any licensing terms, hence I have not received any complaints or other communication from the software owners.

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Author of CryptoPrevent - Crypto/Malware prevention for any OS.

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

NEW d7II single technician pricing!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 PM

markcuk11 will become famous soon enough

That great news

Cheers
Old 08-06-2012, 05:35 PM

TweeOog is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to TweeOog
Smile

This is the best bit of software I have ever used
Thanks a lot made my life much better
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Thank you, I'm glad it's helping you out!

One of the things I constantly strive for is improving D7 and adding features, mostly based on community feedback, so keep using it and let me know if there is anything I can do to make D7 better.

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM

James_S is on the way

Two little things I've noticed:

When D7 updates, the link to "support forum" on the revision notes box goes to what appears to be the old forums.

Under the Windows dropdown in the top toolbar, Services is missing. I know I can get to it from the system info page but it seems to me it belongs in the menu with Msconfig and the like.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_S View Post
When D7 updates, the link to "support forum" on the revision notes box goes to what appears to be the old forums.
I'll have to get that fixed, thanks! A lot of little things like that get overlooked from time to time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_S View Post
Under the Windows dropdown in the top toolbar, Services is missing. I know I can get to it from the system info page but it seems to me it belongs in the menu with Msconfig and the like.
services.msc? Ahh yes. I typically use Computer Management in that menu (compmgmt.msc) as it has the services snap-in already in there. I would add services.msc separately but there is so little room in that menu now with all of the things that are already there!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:14 AM

Peaceful is on a distinguished road

Any way to allow the D7 window to be stretched while in safe mode? The entire right column in every category is hidden in safe mode's 640x480 resolution. Or maybe make all the categories check boxes to allow setting defaults prior to going to safe mode?

Hate to complain about such an awesome tool, but particularly frustrating when trying to use the start installer tweak for safe mode and can't even reach it from there.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 PM

Easy PC is an unknown quantity at this point

I have started using D7 this week and found it a great help to have all the apps in 1 menu
Old 08-19-2012, 06:45 PM

fooTunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya we just tested this Friday (funny too as we just battled the BITS service path creation on an earlier system, where this had it as a one button push hehe) and are looking forward to using on a daily basis. One thing I did like, is it gave the ability to view the CBS.LOG file when windows itself was blocking access due to the traditional mind numbing "you are not an admin" message. So far, we are giving this high props!!!!

fooTunny
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM

AdvancedTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Thanks for this wonderful software...I can't imagine how long it took to write it. It is truly unbelievable!!! Now all I have to do is learn how to use it!!