Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM

rockn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rock'n Computer Services wants to say hi!

Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Scott Richmond, founder of Rock'n Computer Services. I started this business mainly to target small businesses who are interested in utilizing technology to help grow their own business. I bring to the table many years of computer service work along with experience self programming.

What country do you live in?
Good ol' US of A
Cleveland, Ohio to be specific.

What is your current experience? (Years working on computers, in the business, certifications etc..)
I've worked personally in the computing servicing industry since 2001. I started out as a student tech for a university for 2 yrs followed by a full time position their within their education department for another 2. I then went on and worked for a world famous localized hospital for the last 7 years. I also hold a BS in Computer Science and have a great programming background

Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?
I just started out this business and am currently looking to attract business clients.

Anything else you would like to share? hobbies etc..
Not really
Old 08-10-2012, 04:29 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forums!

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Author of CryptoPrevent - Crypto/Malware prevention for any OS.

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

NEW d7II single technician pricing!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 PM

ArtemusComputerTechnology is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forums..

www.artemuscomptech.com
CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, & CCENT
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube
AVG Authorized Reseller
Old 08-11-2012, 06:11 AM

FremontPC will become famous soon enough

Scott -

Connect with your chamber of commerce. Might want to go knocking on a few doors too, one fellow recommended sending out a letter with an on-site follow up/intro/biz card. I've gotten a couple of businesses on board with just a cold-call Hello. Small biz is an underserved community and they do need some help. Too small for the managed-service providers, they often end up thrashing about with technology. You do need to pop in and say hi on a regular basis, even after they're "on board". If it feels like a good fit, you may even want to offer them a block of hours at a reduced price, against regular backup checks, event viewer review, SMART hard drive checkups, "Scott how do I do this..." type of stuff. They really are better off focusing on their biz rather than trying to get something to print for the 15th time when there's a stalled job at the front of the queue. They need 'ya. Go for it!!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:58 AM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forums rockn!