Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Hardware

Technibble Sponsor

Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Maybe I have been lucky, but this is why I do a full diagnostics before every repair and I explain that to the customer when stuff like this happens. I explain to them when they first bring in their computer why we do a diagnostics and that we want to make sure that there are no other issues caused by the accident (or whatever) before we do the repairs. If something happens after the fact, like a computer not turning on, I simply explain again that this is why we do the diagnostics and that it was a good thing we caught this problem now before we did the repairs and it happen after the fact. They are then usually relieved that they did not just dump a bunch of money in repairs and they usually ask us to do a data transfer. We have been doing it this way for years and I have not had one customer accuse us of "well it worked when I brought it in" and try and force us to repair the additional problems for free. That said, we have had a few computers over the years that really did work properly before being brought in, and because we forgot to connect a cable, the wifi did not work or something like that. We are human, it happens.

Anyways, my suggestion is to be as thorough as possible when checking in computers and make sure that it functions as it should (other than the obvious issue) before taking it in. I also suggest charging a diagnostics up front (for many many many reasons) because it will help you to avoid customers who KNOW that there are other issues and want to blame you for them. Besides, if you do find other issues during the diagnostics and they do not want to repair their computer, then at least you got paid for your time.

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"

Last edited by PCX; 08-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:55 PM

Big Jim is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=PCX;311270]snip....QUOTE]

I know you LOVE your full diagnostics process. however, when I booked this machine in it WAS working.
I connected it to the monitor on front desk and was happily in windows.

all i did after that stage was remove the screen to get the model number off it then put it into storage.

anyway when she came to collect I spoke to her and the spill was apparently 4/5 months ago, a couple of keys didn't work properly but other than that it has been fine.
god only knows why it decided to give up at this point completely.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Thread cleaned up.. please keep on topic.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM

SprinterTech-WI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SprinterTech-WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Thread cleaned up.. please keep on topic.
Thanks Martyn! filllla
Retail stores in Stevens Point, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids WI
www.SprinterTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech

ALL IT USA LLC
Nationwide Enterprise Level Rollouts and Installations