Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 10-20-2011, 08:33 PM

NETWizz has a spectacular aura aboutNETWizz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
And me. I've got one of these and it is brilliant, built in light and magnifier which swivels and rotates on all axis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000B8JNWM
That's perfect.

I have one of these... Very cheap, but it does the job.

http://www.amazon.com/Alvin-G2540-B-...9142633&sr=8-2

I still run an Incandescent Bulb in it, too... need the BEST light possible and it gets turned on and off a lot, so no Compact Fluorescent here... I might try a Halogen lamp in it; since, 3100k might be a bit nicer of a color temperature than 2700k (museums use it).
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 PM

Tony_Scarpelli has a spectacular aura aboutTony_Scarpelli has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
And me. I've got one of these and it is brilliant, built in light and magnifier which swivels and rotates on all axis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000B8JNWM
I see one of these in my future.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 AM

dipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by andcorptech View Post
In stark contrast, Intel are great, they have an order site which I can renew my posters and promo stuff every 3 months or so
Yes I've had the same experience with Microsfot and Intel here in Australia.

Intel you can just go online and order the posters and other promo gear. Very well setup and implemented by Intel.

With Microsoft you have to go back and forth with a variety of people and then in the end you still get nothing or very little!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 AM

Tony_Scarpelli has a spectacular aura aboutTony_Scarpelli has a spectacular aura about

Go to comdex or Interop in Vegas. You will come home with dozens of retail quality posters for any sized store. Or pay about $11-12 to Kinkos and print out any you find online.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Hello is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you think? It's pretty empty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 540339_3765620657260_1178950773_3570982_1201100672_n.jpg (48.0 KB, 485 views)
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 AM

BryanLee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BryanLee Send a message via Yahoo to BryanLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
What do you think? It's pretty empty
That's a pretty nice office. What about the work area?

Onsite & Remote Computer Support serving Oahu, Hawaii
Old 07-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Maniaman is on a distinguished road

I was terrible at taking pictures of our building as we expanded, but here's the progressions of ours.

Our original workbench, a 6ft table. Could work on 4 desktops at a time and 1-2 laptops. This picture is looking through the reception window at it while we were still working on renovating the building prior to our grand opening.

We quickly outgrew that area, and moved computer repair to a much larger extra room in the building. I couldn't find any pictures from when we originally did the move, just pictures I took before we started to demo it during our current renovation process.

Looking in the doorway. It's a horrible mess. The desk hidden by the door is for the technician computer. White table is the laptop table. To the left are the tables for desktops.

Looking back towards the door from the window. 4 desktop stations with a 2 port KVM allowed us to work on 8 desktops at a time, and 8 laptops at a time from the laptop table. The white stripe on the wall is from where we were prepping to demo that wall.

Alas, we started outgrowing that pc repair room. With my business partner leaving to pursue other ventures, it opened up another room in the building. The pc repair room from the previous 2 pictures is in a part of the building I wish to open up for more retail space. In June we began the process of doing major renovations to the building. My old business partner's office was removed, along with a closet and hallway to make way for another new PC repair room. The following pictures are the new room as we work on finishing it. It's not done yet, but should be within the next week. We've already moved into it.

Looking in from the door. Workbenches span 2 entire walls and half of another. Monitors are waiting to be mounted to the wall.

Starting in one corner, we began mounting monitors to the wall and setting up workspaces. As soon as a spot got finished, we started moving computers over.

The following picture was taken yesterday. We finally got the first set of shelves up along the back wall, and began moving parts bins over. This brings us to present day. I finally got the rest of the wall mounts, keyboards, and mice in today, so hopefully the entire room will be finished soon.

It's really amazing to look back and see how much our business has grown in the last 3 years. We started out with the ability to work on 4 desktops and 2 laptops, and now I will have 14 workspaces that can take either a desktop or a laptop. It's technically a net loss of 2 from the previous room, but the layout is much more efficient, and without the KVMs it will be easier to keep track of what a computer is doing. If I stick laptops together I can fit about 3 laptops in every 2 desktop spaces.

I'm hoping to have the room finished soon, I'll be sure to post pics of it when it's finished.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Thats awesome man. It looks like you got a pretty decent setup. Keep up the good work and good luck with your business.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM

Steve202 is on a distinguished road

That setup looks awesome
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

Here is a (not great) 360 degree shot of my main data recovery room:
Name:  panorama-3.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  97.3 KB

From left-to-right: hot air gun station, raid recovery/file moving PC, PC3000 PC, 4xDDIs, incoming/outgoing shelf, mac recovery station 1, donor parts shelf, "in progress" shelf/stand-up desk.

P.S. Picture taken with Photosynth on iPhone. The best Microsoft iPhone app I know of.