Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Hardware

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Paul Rodgers will become famous soon enough
Default Need a good bluetooth KB/Mouse

Looking for recommendations on a good bluetooth keyboard and mouse for office use.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Does it have to be bluetooth? I haven't actually seen any BT combos in stores, though I'm sure they exist especially on the internets...

I picked up a super sweet MS KBD/MSE combo at Sams Club not long ago that is RF instead of IR. Thing has a good 30ft range and, well, it's RF so it just works no matter what is in the way. It even remembers my function lock setting so I can use the function key shortcuts the way God intended, not for those crappy 'start MS word' macros and junk.

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Author of CryptoPrevent - Crypto/Malware prevention for any OS.

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

NEW d7II single technician pricing!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishTech View Post
Does it have to be bluetooth? I haven't actually seen any BT combos in stores, though I'm sure they exist especially on the internets...

I picked up a super sweet MS KBD/MSE combo at Sams Club not long ago that is RF instead of IR. Thing has a good 30ft range and, well, it's RF so it just works no matter what is in the way. It even remembers my function lock setting so I can use the function key shortcuts the way God intended, not for those crappy 'start MS word' macros and junk.
I actually have one of the Microsoft ones and while I do love it, I would much rather not utilize a USB port on my laptop for the receiver. It doesn't even have to be a combo. I'm just looking for a solid setup.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rodgers View Post
I actually have one of the Microsoft ones and while I do love it, I would much rather not utilize a USB port on my laptop for the receiver. It doesn't even have to be a combo. I'm just looking for a solid setup.
Ahh, for a laptop. Yes I would want BT as well instead of working with a USB plug...

I also use a laptop primarily, but currently my setup is that I also have a desktop computer at my office, and when I plop down the laptop on my desk every morning I use Input Director (software KVM, installed as master on my desktop and slave mode on my laptop) so that I can use my desktop keyboard/mouse with the laptop without having to plug anything in. Don't know if you have a desktop PC in your office but there's an option for ya without spending any money....

Which reminds me, I need to find a good BT headset/mic for my laptop though.

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishTech View Post
Which reminds me, I need to find a good BT headset/mic for my laptop though.
If you have a headset for your cell phone you could use it for your laptop.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rodgers View Post
If you have a headset for your cell phone you could use it for your laptop.
I don't well I had one but it was the ear piece only thingie. I would definitely like a full headset with mic on a boom arm next time.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:29 PM

14049752 has a spectacular aura about14049752 has a spectacular aura about

They're not a current product anymore, but I love the Microsoft Bluetooth Elite keyboard and mouse combo. If you can find them new, in box it's a good set... Though I got mine about ten years ago, so it may be very difficult to find
Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 PM

YeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to behold

Microsoft keyboards my first choice.
Logitech keyboards my second choice...as well as first choice for mice.

I never install their software (especially Logitechs), native OS drivers do the mice 'n keyboards fine...although granted I don't use the custom keys.