Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM

Maniaman is on a distinguished road
Default Weird Video Issue (multiple displays)

I built a new computer for my office back last November. for some reason when using multiple displays, when I lock the computer, the display hooked up via HDMI (which happens to be the primary display), will lose its signal and not wake up unless I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in.

The system is set up with 4 displays. 2x running off the onboard video (Intel HD 3000), and 2x off a PCI-e Radeon HD6570. HDMI is hooked up through the onboard video.

I've installed the latest drivers for both onboard graphics and the addon card.

Computer is an i7-2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro with Windows 7.

If I don't lock the computer, it never loses signal. When I lock it, I'm fine as long as I come back and move the mouse before the system turns the monitors off. Maybe 10% of the time it will still work fine even after it's turned the monitors off. There is no pattern I can find as to when it works and when it doesn't.

I've tried a couple different HDMI cables as well.

Any ideas? Issues like this are hard to trace down as there's obviously no error report or log created. Someone said it may be related to HDCP handshakes, but again I have no idea how to trace that down if that's the case or how to fix it.

I've been leaving my computer unlocked overnight as it's a hassle to unplug/replug the hdmi cable every morning, but I'd prefer to figure out a solution and fix it.