Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Software Applications

Technibble Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM

NYJimbo is just really niceNYJimbo is just really niceNYJimbo is just really niceNYJimbo is just really niceNYJimbo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickRight View Post
Thanks, yes I have done so with no success. I'm afraid those will be a N & P Job
There are just too many times we have to end up doing a N&P because of Microsoft leaving us no other choice.

I think most real techs would gladly chase down a BSOD or some other error or warning if we knew that a handful of fixes would take care of any specific problem, but in situations like this you can work on a machine for days and do countless "fixes" and get nowhere.

To this day I still see all kinds of total loss situations on installs of SP1 or SP2 on Vista and I still cannot come up with a fool proof method to resolve them all. Some fix works perfectly on one machine and the next almost identical machine does not respond to that fix.

Microsoft is responsible for this, they know what is going on in their code and they know how to get the info to fix it but their operating systems are such an enormous mess of layers of crap and so many fixes that only work for some situations that their favorite response to something like this is "A re-install of windows is the SOLUTION to this problem". Makes me sick.