Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

Jeepers Jim. Was this client of yours also on a Saturday .

Why do they think, that just because to us in a lot of cases, its a simple fix, ergo little or no money, what they don't realise, its the time taken for us to learn the simple fix. The countless hours, of research we do, the mistakes, we have made in the past etc.

Just had another one in. Rings me a few weeks ago, wants a cost for SAS pro. So I quote him 25.00. He said, well on their website, it states something like 9.00.

Can I do it any cheaper?. So why are you asking me my price, when you see their own cost on their own site?!.

I won't mention here, what I tell him..

Anyhow, comes in just now, wanting 2 x sas pro licences. This cheap skate that he is, decided that even the 9.00 was too much, he does some surfing, finds a 'code' online for a lifetime licence, uses that in one of the machines (it did work for a period), now it comes up that the code is invalid.

Wants to know why its invalid, as it used to work. So I then explain that possibly SAS found out that the same code had been used to register x000 computers, so simply blocked the code.

Why would they do that? Astonishment on my face!

Then he asks, well if I do buy 2 of these codes off you, what discount will you give me?
Answer none. These are the RRP costs for this program.

What makes it even better, is he, and his brother, own a largish shop here in my area (No names mentioned). They t/o in excess of 2m a year. Huge profits!.

If I do any work for their shop, it doesn't matter, what the cost is, they pay. Anything personal, and its "do your best Nige", "can you make it cheaper Nige". Beggars belief..

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM

joydivision will become famous soon enough

You really have to laugh at idiots like this trying to save money. A classic example of where a little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 AM

CharleyFoxtrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm enjoying your stories. Just to be clear, this isn't about money. I'm just a curious person. This laptop has been given to me in this condition and I already have a screen I can put in it. I started this business because I've always enjoyed working on computers for fun, and I have a old habit of acquiring broken things just to see if I can fix them. It's the only reason I know how to fix computers at all. As a kid there was no way I was going to take a screwdriver to my dad's $2,000 work computer, but if we were going down the street and I saw a machine sitting on the curb waiting for trash pickup, I was all over it. I just figure, hey, I've never taken apart an LCD and tried to fix it. Here's a half-broken LCD and the worse that could come of it is that I throw the whole thing away. Why not have a little fun with it?