Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Security, Viruses and Trojans

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM

rjframe will become famous soon enough
Default JumpShot

What do you guys think? It looks like they're trying to automate a basic tune-up and AV scan so anyone can do it, without any knowledge of what's happening. If it works well it might be worth reselling to residential customers.

"Jumpshot is perfect for a variety of situations:
•You purchase a brand new Windows computer and want to get rid of the annoying pre-packaged junk software that came with it.
•Your Anti-Virus has failed to remove a virus and nothing seems to be able to get rid of it.
•Your PC performs sluggishly in comparison to friends and co-workers with similar computers.
•You want some insights on the health of your computer hardware and network connectivity.
•You're a savvy technogeek who gets called by friends and family with PC problems and need something simple to empower Grammie with.
•You crave an adorable USB memory stick."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...pc-frustration

G.K. Chesterton
Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

If it deletes an infected Windows system file during an A/V scan I don't see it as helping your business if you resell it... bad rep and really irate customer coming back to you wanting it fixed for free...

In fact, if it cures their problems successfully I don't see it helping your business to resell it... taking money out of your pocket ultimately.

But I'd bet it's mostly snake oil to be honest.

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

d7II has new single technician pricing!

Check out my videos on using various Foolish IT software.

Latest free tool: CryptoPrevent - Crypto malware prevention for any OS. Current Version: 6.1

(CryptoPrevent v6+ now includes a real-time filter with a definitions based system!)
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM

rjframe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishTech View Post
If it deletes an infected Windows system file during an A/V scan I don't see it as helping your business if you resell it... bad rep and really irate customer coming back to you wanting it fixed for free...
Like everything else, I'd have to test it quite a bit first.

Quote:
In fact, if it cures their problems successfully I don't see it helping your business to resell it... taking money out of your pocket ultimately.
This is my biggest concern, but I'm thinking it would be perfect for the elderly customers who call 3-5 times for every tiny thing. If it reduces the small calls, it could be worth it. Every time I sell MalwareBytes, I'm losing service money too.

Quote:
But I'd bet it's mostly snake oil to be honest.
It looks like it, but it's a former HP exec and a founder of a security company HP bought running it; in my opinion this gives it enough credence to trial. Assuming they decide provide a reseller plan, as they don't have their pricing structure in place yet.

G.K. Chesterton