Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Timeflood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fork in the Road

Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Bryan (most creative introduction yet), and I am an Automatic Door Technician in Southern California. I have a passion for computers that sparked at a young age. I still try to fool myself into believing I am still interested in video games, but the fact is, they don't hold my interest as much as they used to.
I have three wonderful boys, and a beautiful girlfriend, who all entered my life a year ago; and I have been enjoying every minute of it since then. Becoming a family man has caused my to reevaluate several aspects of my life and the future of the five of us.

What country do you live in?
United States - California - Los Angeles

What is your current experience? (Years working on computers, in the business, certifications etc..)
I have been around computers for as long as I can remember. Didn't grow up with a lot of money, so I always had to make do with what I had. Always trying to squeeze more performance, or time, out of my hardware. Whenever a problem came up, I had to figure it out, or be without a computer. After awhile, I started to enjoy it. What followed was obvious; started fixing computers of friends and family.
Zero years in the industry. Briefly went to school for computer networking, but circumstances did not allow me to finish, and receive my degree.

Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?
Although I have always been on the fence for what career path I wanted to take, I have always known I wanted to, ultimately, have my own company. Something about creating, directing, and watching it grow fascinates me in a way I cannot properly describe. Perhaps because I do not completely understand, myself. I would like to start my own computer repair business, but I know my lack of proper experience in the industry will hinder my efforts if I rush things.
I do not need to start said company to make money, as my current career gives me an adequate amount. In fact, when this ultimately happens, I believe I will be making substantially less money for some time.

Anything else you would like to share? hobbies etc..
I have always used the internet as a source of information when I am stumped, or simply wish to learn more. When I stumbled across this forum, I was ecstatic. It is one thing to find information, it is another to learn insights from people who do this for a living. I have been reading dozens of posts on these forums on my phone. You folks have taught me a lot in this past couple weeks. This is a very helpful community that I finally decided to become apart of. Thank you, in advance, for the continuing education you all will provide.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:33 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forums!

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Author of CryptoPrevent - Crypto/Malware prevention for any OS.

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

NEW d7II single technician pricing!