Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM

PCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the rough
Default Would like some critiques and ideas on my signs and sandwich board concepts

Updated on last post #9

Just got the go ahead to put another sign up on the building my shop is located at and to put a sandwich board next to the road. Here are a few concepts that I am working on. I am by no means a graphics design artist, but I like the modern look that I am trying to accomplish. It has to obviously be readable, but I also want it to stand out and to look different and merit someones attention. Let me know what you guys think.

I have also included the sign that I already have up "store front sign" the "concept 2" sign will go next to this sign to the left.

More updated concepts in posts below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg store front sign.jpg (14.0 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg concept 2.jpg (75.9 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg SANDWICH BOARD 1.jpg (75.8 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg SANDWICH BOARD CONCEPT 2.jpg (77.0 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg AWESOME COMPUTER SHOP.jpg (78.1 KB, 223 views)

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"

Last edited by PCX; 08-28-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 PM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

I like the first sign. Not too sure about the other 4. One note: I think "iphone repairs" and "virus removal" should be on one line each (not iphone on a line, repairs below).
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 PM

rsarceno will become famous soon enough

Check other signs with similar color. Green on White background might be hard to read during the day. The gray color might not be noticeable.

If you want to attract attention for your sandwich board, put a red circle with "/" (same as do not enter). Then put the word virus inside the circle. It's a tip I got from an advertising company. Driver pay attention to road sign.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 PM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsarceno View Post
put a red circle with "/" (same as do not enter). Then put the word virus inside the circle. It's a tip I got from an advertising company. Driver pay attention to road sign.
What an excellent suggestion! Very slick!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 AM

PCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the rough

Here are a couple things I am considering. First off, pretty much all the signage around here is ghetto and or plain, I want to try and avoid that if at all possible. Most signs that I have found that implements the "no sign" looks horrible and I really wanted to stick with my colors. I agree that the green may not be as readable during the day, but don't you guys think that it would make the sign stick out?

Anyways, my ultimate goal is to attract customers, but at the same time I would like to stick with my branding as much as possible. The sign that will go on the building will be about 3 feet high by 10 feet wide. The sandwich board will be 2 by 3 unless I get a custom one made.

@ rsarceno: If I were to go with the "no sign" can you tell me how effective it has been for you? Do you have any way of knowing if it made a difference?

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"

Last edited by PCX; 07-06-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:09 AM

Maybe its time to implement this guy . . . ?

I had this guy created as a concept for a possible mascot for the business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC Exchange12.jpg (70.1 KB, 163 views)

Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 AM

sorry to keep updating this thread with very few responses, just wanted to add some of my progress. The first image is currently what my store front looks like, the second is a concept with the original sign and with a possible new sign. The next two images are store front concepts if I were to completely change the store front sign and add another. Keep in mind that the empty space between the two signs is what would be there when put up. Finally, just to give you guys an idea, the image is one of the proofs that I got from sign companies around Jacksonville when I was trying to get one made. This is only from one company, but pretty much all the rest of them sent me the same thing. This is what you would expect in my town, this is what I am trying to avoid and be the complete opposite of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (93.0 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg store front with sign and concept.jpg (19.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg STORE FRONT SIGN CONCEPT1.jpg (56.9 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg STORE FRONT SIGN CONCEPT2.jpg (55.5 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg The PC Exchange.jpg (91.9 KB, 111 views)

Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 AM

rjframe will become famous soon enough

I don't like concept 2 for a road sign. On a flyer, people can take their time to read it, but drivers (hopefully) aren't spending too much time reading your sign. It just looks like a lot with the left-right-left thing. I do like the colors -- the white on your sign won't be as bright as the white on our screens, so I don't think you'll have a huge problem with readability.

I'm with 300DDR about putting the iPhone and virus text on one line each -- for road signs a line is seen as a full unit -- they will glance at your sign, not study it. Today I would read "Virus" and think "I don't want that." Tomorrow I read "Removal" and wonder what you're removing. The "Awesome Computer Repair" kind of works, since Awesome could be good to keep on one line, but I'd put "computer repair" on the same line; except it would probably be too small to see.

Have you looked at road signs for national brands? They would be the ones who actually spent money on research, so copying their ideas might not be a bad idea. What if you get temporary plastic banners in your favorite choices, stick them up for a few days, drive past to see what you think and ask your customers for their opinions. Buy the real sign when you know what you want.

G.K. Chesterton
Old 08-28-2012, 05:50 PM

Alright, its taken a long time to get this far . . . dealing with a bunch of red necks that cant use computers and should never call them selves graphics and sign arts . . . and a tech who does not know how to design anything himself (me) . . . Anyways, this is what we got so far. Just want to get some final thoughts before we make this second sign.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Final concept.jpg (70.6 KB, 78 views)

Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Here is another one just for the sake of propotion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Final concept.jpg (95.0 KB, 93 views)