Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-04-2012, 08:54 AM

YellowMonkeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction to me

Tell us a little about yourself
I'm William had the nickname of Monkey for years and favourite colours yellow that's the name explained. I'm 23 coming up 24 in just over a month, bit of a babbler and talker.

What country do you live in?
I live in the Southwest of England, so the United Kingdom

What is your current experience? (Years working on computers, in the business, certifications etc..)
I've been working on computers since I was 7, something about me just got on with them I remember Amstrads and Acorns but mostly my nerd side hit home with Windows 95/98. I went to Uni and now know my way around a Mac too.

I went to University to study my other side to the Technician, I'm a designer too, always been artistic and thought a company that gave complete IT Solutions from design and print work tied in with computer repair and manufacture would fit the bill.

Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?
I'm currently starting a business based in a real office in a local town to myself. Office is now fully kitted and my system fully set up. I now lack funds and clients and would like to see if there's any ideas you lot have when you started your own companies or know others had and how they get their clientele? Also need help to get current prices as not done this work since before University so I'm half a decade out of date.

Anything else you would like to share? hobbies etc..
I think I've bored you all enough, I love my Motorbikes too, though I had the misfortune to come off last summer.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

Hi Will and welcome to TN.

I'm sure you will find this site, a mine of information, and knowledgeable people.

Please bear in mind the following tips:

Search the forums (even using Google) before posting new threads. There is lots of gold in the old threads.

When asking questions, provide as much diagnostic info as possible - hardware stats, etc and, especially, what you've already done and its results. Nobody likes "This broke. Help!" threads.

We've all got our opinions and anecdotal 'evidence' on things but being able to cite other sources is also a boon to helping each other learn.

Please seriously consider purchasing Bryce's Business Kit. There is heaps of information included, well worth the cost, which will soon be recouped.

Remember we're an international community.

But above all else, enjoy yourself.

See you around on the forums.

To answer your questions though.
Re office let: Your just starting up in business, have little funds left, and no clients?.

Wow.. All I can suggest here, is to read, read, and read, the advertising and marketing section of the forum. There are literally thousands of threads, which will help you, with ideas, information etc.

Re pricing structure, this would all depend on your current demographics. Will you be charging flat rate, or pr hour.

One bit of advice, is to contact all your local competitors, do some enquiries as to what they charge for different services, and base yours around them.

Don't go in too cheap, ie 50% of what they are charging, but again don't go in too expensive. Again there are hundreds of threads which will help you and pricing.

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

How does one get the nickname Monkey?

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Author of CryptoPrevent - Crypto/Malware prevention for any OS.

Latest free tool: dBug - Neutralize malware preventing you from running removal tools.

NEW d7II single technician pricing!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 AM

YellowMonkeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou Cadishead I'll search around I've been doing it for months before actually joining but I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, I thought the calling up would be the best plan. I'm also going to offer like for like quotes too just so I can match anything a competitor would/could offer.

Foolish, I had big ears as a kid and an ability to climb and do flips around in trees, Though in my motorbike accident I did in my left thumb so not as Monkeyish as before ... though I'm still a cheeky git.