Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-30-2012, 03:22 PM

ajkemp is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Mr

Tell us a little about yourself
27 year old male, still unsure what direction in the IT world I wish to follow.
Have always had an aptitude for Computers and their use in our world, however only went to college 3 years ago to get on the ladder, took a basic Computer Support Technicians course, loved it but was a little primitive for me. Have been a manager of 2 different computer repair centers in the UK (1st one went into liquidation due to piss poor money control by the director). My current employer is very much on top of the finances however knows nothing about IT (Cant even use his iPhone properly) so i get full control!!
Have been very lucky getting the managers position, and I fully accept it is not on my hardware technical abilities but my personality and customer service abilities.

What country do you live in?
United Kingdom

What is your current experience? (Years working on computers, in the business, certifications etc..)
I have been helping people on their computers for about 12 years as "the go-to-guy" for family and friends. I currently hold an BTEC in Computer Support, and am working on my Comptia A+.

Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?
Yes, I don't think i can cope with working for other people and i would like the freedom to explore other avenues of repair / support.

Anything else you would like to share? hobbies etc..
I am very disorganized, I will hold my hands up to that. (Not a great tech trait but what i lack in organisation i more than make up with my customer interactions (unlike many geeks )

I am toying with the idea of web design and have started learning my way around Fireworks and Dreamweaver. Web design gives me a bit of a stomach flutter every time I start on it as I find it greatly rewarding seeing what happens with the code.

I am looking at moving out to Spain as there is a real gap in the market for Computer Support in the particular area I am looking at and they are also about 4 years behind it term of IT / Broadband.
I also have the chance to become a Scuba Diving instructor whilst there so its a win win situation.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:46 AM

trevm999 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, working for myself is my dream to. Welcome to the forums! (not that I've been here long enough to be the welcoming commitee)