Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-25-2012, 06:26 PM

Synergy Computer Repair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After hours drop off

Hello all,

I am just wondering how people deal with residential customers that cannot get their machine to you in your work hours. I currently keep the hours of 9.00-17.30. Many of my customers are not available to drop off their system at this time.

How do you guys deal with this problem?

I am thinking of doing 1 late night a week until 19:00 but can't help think there must be a better way.

John.
Geekipedia Computer Repair Blog
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM

ComputerCorner is an unknown quantity at this point

We have our hours at 9am - 6pm, Mon - Fri. We have Wed open 10am - 7pm for the issue that you are describing. It's one day a week that we stay open just a bit later so we can allow people with 9 to 5 jobs to come in without being rushed.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM

Location: Beattyville, KY (take a right at Nowhere, then go 30 miles).
3ft can only hope to improve

I'm open 10-6 M/W/F, and 10-2 on Saturday. I leave Tues/Thur open for business onsite work and scheduled appointments. If folks can't make it in during the storefront hours I also will do p/u's on Tues/Thur or after hours if need be.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 PM

SprinterTech-WI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SprinterTech-WI

We are open 9-7 M-F and 10-6 Sat, and by appointment on Sunday.
We also provide 24/7 onsite service... when I first started I was open 8-8, but it was just too many hours.
Retail stores in Stevens Point, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids WI
www.SprinterTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech

ALL IT USA LLC
Nationwide Enterprise Level Rollouts and Installations

You or someone you know need Charter Commercial or residential? Referrals pay $$ 715-204-4040
Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 AM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

I used to charge extra for early morning or late night drop off/pickup (although no longer since in store now, instead of at home). That way, the client is happy if they are in a rush and you make extra money. Win/win (if you work from home and not really much of an inconvenience).
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Banned

OzzyGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah my hours are 9 to 4 monday to friday and 9 to 3 on Saturday. However I am flexible enough to allow customers to pickup or dropoff outside these hours provided they confirm a definite time/date. I also charge a fee for this privilege as well. I have had to many people say they will be there to pickup there computer at a prearranged times outside of my operating hours and they don't show up and I have wasted my time. Most of my customers bring in there computers on a Saturday or when they have a restored day off.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:33 AM

npinc can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy Computer Repair View Post
I am thinking of doing 1 late night a week until 19:00 but can't help think there must be a better way.

John.
How are your profit margins? Probably not enough? If they are, get a part timer. Banking hours don't really work for most people, because that's when they're working. It would be good to get a part timer with a great mannerism. If they have the mad skillz, great. If not, just collect the jobs for you to do the next day.

We do 9 to 8 PM M to F, 10 to 5 PM S,S. That way I can cover all the bases, all the time. It works quite well for us.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Our hours are as posted

9am (hour earlier than anyone else, including best buy) to 6pm or later.

Most of the time, we are so busy that we have to stay till at least 7 some times later, so it's usually not an issue.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"