Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-14-2012, 08:50 PM

4ycr has a spectacular aura about4ycr has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to 4ycr
Default website review

Looming for a review of my website
Business IT support in West Lothian

It's not 100% finished but most of it is done. The main site is not for SEO but for direct kinking and from adverts/business cards etc. I will be doing blogs to get in the SEO side of things.

The we know business section is not done yet but should be finished by tomorrow night.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Hi Steven,

Your site seems simple and clean. It loads very fast and is arranged in a logical way.

Some questions: Why the new site? Are you changing your business name? If so, shouldn't your site have a line saying: "Formerly 4 Your Computer Repairs" somewhere?

Aesthetically, I find the blue tones to be somewhat subdued and a little flat. Also, you should move your logo and business name further toward the center of the banner for better balance. Another smart thing to do is put your telephone contact number somewhere in the banner as well in big, bold typeface.

You may also wish to create a theme for our blog that would entice people to check it out and maybe contribute. Right now it just seems like an advert for DLink with some long-winded discussion on networking that doesn't really sell you services.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:34 PM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah ok, Ill have a bash.

1. your home page will send people to sleep.

Quote:
At Pyramid IT we keep it simple and we make it fast. As a small business ourselves we understand blah blah blah
If you want to make these sort of statements, a more suitable location might be in an About page, not on your prime selling area (home)

Consider using this area to sell services, instead of providing a free sedative to visitors.

2. Your menu structure is problematic from a sales perspective.

Quote:
Home
Live Monitoring
Back it up!
Remote Access
Virus Removal
Blog
About Me
contact us
We know business
You just lost anyone visiting your home page who wants:

Data Recovery
Laptop repairs
Computer repairs
Onsite repair

For many PC Repair business, these are the 'bricks and mortar' work that customers are generally seeking. Interestingly, apart from your slider, there's very little on your home page that jumps out and says 'this is what we offer'. You may have an unusual business model, and I respect that you may understand what your customers are looking for better than I do, however this stands out from my perspective as a possible omission in terms of menu and page structure.

3. Couldnt see your phone number from the home page

4. I found this a bit baffling (menu)

"about me"
"contact us"

- are you a 'me' or an 'us'? - if its got me scratching my head, customers will do the same. Probably better not to confuse them

5. Pricing information is sparse. You will lose a percentage of customers outright because of this.

6. The aesthetic of the site is very 'cold' because of the lack of colour.

Your base is mostly #70BEE5

See this page for some 'complimentary' (in colour terms) suggestions

As the base is a 'pastel', so are the complimentaries. If you want less 'diluted' colours, then a change to the banner and menu background would allow you more flexibility in regard to this. Your actual logo is a gradient so its not going to be an issue matching to a brighter colour scheme if you prefer that.

7. Consider placing some images on each page to illustrate the concept of what you are selling.

8. Your site completely lacks calls to action - these should be on every sales page

Last edited by 16k_zx81; 05-14-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 AM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

You use me/I and we/us. Stick with one unless you are talking about yourself only.

I echo what 16k said - your home page isn't focused on your prospective client. If I was a client reading that, my reaction would. Be "who cares?"

I'd recommend just a services page and link to specifics from that page. It keeps your menu cleaner, and allows you room to add later.

Also, I thought you gave way too much info on your process. I'll be honest. Clients don't care, they just want it fixed. Just give them a call to action (call, email, fill out a form, stand on their head). It was way too much and confusing even for me.

Also, on my iPad, they layout was a little off. A lot of space between some paragraphs and some misalignment. I didn't check it on my desktop, so it may be an iPad only issue.

Overall, I think you need to focus more on the client when writing your content. Think what would interest them, what would get them to call.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:28 AM

Jura is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Jura

I think the header is a bit large for not being very complex or detailed.

Not fond of white area in the favicon.

Stock images always seem cheesy.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-09-2012, 06:13 AM

I FIX PC'S is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks bland in my opinion.

Unfortunately if I were a customer I would of moved on.

There's no way I'm reeling through paragraphs of information just to find out what I need to know e.g Does he deal with home and business customers? Any customer reviews? what are his prices? Where's the telephone number? What does he fix?

For me required basic information a customer wants should be prominent on a website, nobody really cares about the break fix cycle.

Last edited by I FIX PC'S; 06-09-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:14 PM

4ycr has a spectacular aura about4ycr has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to 4ycr

Thanks, I will take a look through all the comments and review them in detail later.

I will fix i/we etc, thanks

The site is for businesses who want IT cover. My 4ycr site covers laptop repairs etc.

Thanks for the link to the colour chart I will take a look at it and decide on changing some colours.

Interesting on your take of my home page, I got a marketing firm to do the copy, but worth thinking about.

My menu, I will have a think about how to make it a better layout.